Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard people say that you cannot help but shoot off the wall with current one cam bows. I have found with my bow with 75% letoff that for lack of a better term its easy to get lazy with my back tension and not shoot against the wall. I'm not sure creeping is the right word but it seems that at times I can hold with my arm/shoulder when I'm not paying attention and make my back tension less consistent. Is this a common problem or is there some suggestion for my practice that will help me cure this habit?
Thanks for any help
Northwoods

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wall shooter

I have a copy of Larry Wise's book called "Tuning your compound bow".He shows how to draw force curves and lots of how to stuff. He claims that for a bow to shoot it's best it needs to shoot from the valley. I plan to make a simple machine to plot my curve to see where I am shooting from. You can order the book at any bookstore if you are interested. About $12, 122 pages, more of a booklet but lots of info.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
you could put draw checks on your string that you check each time you draw the bow to make sure your at the wall. not hitting the wall is easy to do with high let off bows . that why i shoot a 65% letoff for target and hunting .
Shoot Strong
Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts