Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was jsut given some straw bails by a family friend so i can practice my FITA shooting when i'm at my grandpa's place in the country.
the problem i'm having is that my arrows go in up to the nocks.
i think it's cause they are not packed tight enough...

i was wondering if anyone knows of any way to tighten them quickly...or should i put something over top of the straw to help stop the arrow quicker?

any and all suggestions are welcome
and thnx in advance!

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Get a strapper I think it's called. You put plastic strap through it and crank it to tighten. That may tighten the bail enough.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
Some plywood cut to size and ratchet straps will work also. Put two or three bails in between and compress them down.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Just get some wire put around each side of the hay bail, use a stick in the wire and twist it down a little and then go to the other side, do the same thing. I use to also wet the bail a little so as I twisted the wire it would really get packed down. The other way is to stand three bales upright, put a 2 x 4 acroos the top just a little longer than the bales, alos one on the bottom, put chain on both sides with a come a long screw setup that you twist to pull the 2 x4 together, this will pack the bales down...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the suggestions... i think i'll try them all and see wich one workd the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts