Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ground blind I would like use this year. The question is, Do you shoot through the screen or not. It says shoot through but wouldn't that hamper the flight of the arrow? Any help would be great. Thank you. Don

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
The only way to be sure is to try it like tug08 said. I've never had a problem with a fixed blade through mesh. Never tried a mechanical through mesh.

You will want to practice from it alot and keep in mind that your arrow is 3 or 4 inches below your line of sight. Makes it real easy to shoot the blind if you don't pay attention. It gets even easier to hit the blind if you are shooting downhill. Might want to practice the downhill shots some.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My son and I both shot antelope out of a ground blind with the mesh on and had no problems. I did shoot through the mesh before hand so I knew for my self.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I've shot numerous different b-heads through mesh and they generally fly flawlessly. The only b-heads that I've seen didn't like the shoot-thru mesh were the obvious models, the mechs with L shaped blade tips.

We had a section of shoot through mesh one season that I put over out paper tuner and we shot a impressive selection of b-heads through to 30 yards and EVERY head tested hit on the mark. I was actually surprised that it didn't effect arrow flight on some models of b-heads.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've set up a blind the last 2 seasons. I have never shot anything out of it though. I never liked the idea of the mesh stuff. I always put the mesh at the very bottom and made sure I had enough room for my arrow to clear. I'm going to try shooting through the mesh though and see how it goes. I got picked up the few times I sat in there last season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts