Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new bow a few days ago -- Bowtech RPM 360. I sighted it in yesterday, and got elevation perfect, but I am shooting consistently left at 20 yards. I've adjusted my sight as far as it will go to correct for windage and I'm still 2-3 inches left on every shot at 20 yards. I'm getting 1 inch groups, but all shots are to the left. Any advice on how to fix the problem is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Whats the center shot set at?

·
Registered
720 Posts
When you adj it, is it hitting the same spot to the left? Or is it closer to the target, but still impacting left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats the center shot set at?
Gonna show my ignorance here -- but I was under the impression that the rest was good to go after the set up at the bow shop. How would I check my center shot and adjust if needed? I had the same rest -- a Ripcord code red -- on my Hoyt also, and had to adjust my sight (also same one) considerably left on it as well. I swapped my accessories from one bow to the other and had the shop set up my rest.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you adj it, is it hitting the same spot to the left? Or is it closer to the target, but still impacting left.

I was getting closer with each adjustment, but then I maxed out my windage adjustment. I can get 1" groups on the bull at 20 if I hold 3" to the right, but I obviously don't want to have to do that...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I was getting closer with each adjustment, but then I maxed out my windage adjustment. I can get 1" groups on the bull at 20 if I hold 3" to the right, but I obviously don't want to have to do that...
Its not the shooter then. Culprit has to be center shot. Your shop may not have done it right at all.

However, I recommend checking center shot first to make sure its at factory settings as a start.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Check center shot, put arrow in and have rest in cocked position. Measure from the Berger hole area to center of arrow. And see what center shot bowtech recommends. If the CS is good you may need to yoke tune. Have you shot a bareshaft?

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
You a right handed shooter?
Does the draw length feel a little long?

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Shoot the bow through paper at close range (ie paper tune). If the arrow flight is good, then the bow is "tuned" for you and the problem is simply that you're out of adjustment on the sight. If the arrow flight is not good, then fix that first.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Just bump you rest to the right, then get your sight to line up. Move the rest small increments at a time, like 1 line or half a line at a time.

·
Registered
20,608 Posts
Gonna show my ignorance here -- but I was under the impression that the rest was good to go after the set up at the bow shop. How would I check my center shot and adjust if needed? I had the same rest -- a Ripcord code red -- on my Hoyt also, and had to adjust my sight (also same one) considerably left on it as well. I swapped my accessories from one bow to the other and had the shop set up my rest.
If you're assuming the rest is properly positioned, maybe you're just missing a gang windage adjustment on your sight. What sight is it?

If you have no other gang adjustment on your sight, and we're still assuming the rest is good, maybe you have too much face contact on the string, also assuming you're shooting right handed. Too much face pressure can throw an arrow way left if you're really mashing on it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Center shot was pretty far left. I've been doing tiny adjustments to the rest to get it on at 20. Friday afternoon was the last time I shot the bow, and I was very close to having it dead on before I had to quit. Thanks all for the advice.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
What’s the paper showing when you paper tune it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts