Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently added some Bohning Arrow wraps to my arrows which are 8grains. I went out to shoot and it seemed like my arrows at 20 yards are shooting about an inch lower than they were. Then i went back 50 yards and my arrow dropped dramatically more.

They were around 5 to six inches off. Before i added these i was shooting just fine. I put these wraps on last night and i wondered if they would effect my POI but i did not think 8 grains would make that much of a difference. It very well could be me but i don't feel like i am doing anything different than i was. I just need some reassurance before i go and move my sights and change something that was perfect before.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
You would be completely surprised at how much 8 grains makes.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Your FOC and over-all weight changed a little, just move your sight down

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so the added weight to the arrow is causing me to shoot low. I had no idea 8 grains would make that big of a difference..wow

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
By adding 8 grains to the back of your arrow, you stiffen the arrow shaft. At the same time, you have added mass weight to the arrow as well. Like stated above, your Front of Center has changed also! Take all 3 of these factors into account and there is your culprit! As long as your arrows are still grouping, just move your sight and go on!! BUT.....if you are seeing your groups widening, then you have some tuning to do!! It's probably not much but group tune until your arrows are grouping the way they were before the change. Then adjust you sight! God bless:):)

Ok so the added weight to the arrow is causing me to shoot low. I had no idea 8 grains would make that big of a difference..wow

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
I don't know everything but I have done alot of research with my wraps. I don't believe the wrap weight alone will cause this. Heck my daughter is shooting the Nuclear Ice at 19#'s. I added wraps to her shaft and shes still dead on. And it's a kids bow.

Not one time have I ever changed a aiming point after adding a wrap to my shaft.

I'm not saying it's not possible, just think theres alittle more to it is all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts