Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my Maitland "Zeus" yesterday for the first time. I haven't had the $$ since I got it, to dress it up the way I want yet. And I didn't want to swap the stuff from my Guardian, just to try the Zeus.

But on Friday I went to a local bow shop to get some loop material, and they just happened to have a Limbdriver in stock (which around here is very rare). I bought a peep as well, but didn't bring my bow, so couldn't get it put in. The only press I have is a Bow Master, and I haven't got the split limb adapters for it.

I installed the rest, and tied on a loop. Then I shot it a bit up real close to the target. But I wanted to shoot it at longer distances to get an idea of it's accuracy.

The only spare sight I had kicking around was an old Sight Master I used years ago. So I slapped it on the Zeus. I had to shim it a bit with a couple of Thunderhead washers, and o rings, to get it to clear the Limbdriver chord. It was still rubbing a tiny bit, but I could shoot it at least. All I did to set it up was level my arrow with the berger holes, and eye it centered on the rest.

I did not have to touch the Limbdriver at all for right and left, it was dead on from the factory. I then made some small windage adjustments on the sight, as well as setting elevation at 20 and 30 yds. That’s all I did before shooting this video. All in all I shot about 20 to 30 arrows to set it up.

I love this Zeus! It draws smooth, very slight hump at the first of the cycle, levels off then drops very softly into a solid wall. No creeping ahead. It is very similar to the Guardian in draw, Perhaps a tad smoother, Just a "Fun" bow to shoot!

And as you will see. This bow will put them together, even with no peep and my crude sight. I'm also shooting pretty quick here, and not checking my form to closely.. so take that into account on my accuracy as well. This bow is way more accurate than I my abilities I'm sure!

Anyway, enjoy the video, I enjoyed making it.. and shooting my new Maitland “Zeus“!

archerynutNB

(Pt 1)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConcBL7LukasR#p/u/0/eYFA7O2qt6E

(Pt 2)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConcBL7LukasR#p/u/1/jVLIAIlHUJc

·
Shootingairborne
10,568 Posts
Yea have fun with your new rig,,,,:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
vary nice wish I had the money

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
zeus

does that have the old darton cps 1.5 cam system on it that is an awesome cams system very easy to tune and super smooth draw very nice bow

·
Registered
866 Posts
Thanks Karl, Great video and I am really glad you enjoy it !

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I enjoyed your video. Thanks for taking the time to film and post. Hope you enjoy your new bow. Looks great!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Is there a web site for maitland? I'm curious after checking the video.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Thanks" everyone! Just had to share how easy this bow was to set-up, and how well it performs.

Thanks to you as well Rob...I am indeed a "Happy Camper"! :D

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
How would you rate the noise level compared to your guardian?
Does it feel heavy? I see from the website this bow has some weight to it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How would you rate the noise level compared to your guardian?
Does it feel heavy? I see from the website this bow has some weight to it.
I would say it is pretty much on par with my Guardian as far as noise level goes.
Weight wise, It actually seemed light to me when shooting. I was also shooting my Gaurdian before I started filming, to try and compare them. And of course it is heavier because it is fully loaded.

The Zeus was pretty much a bare bow here. That old Sightmaster is made of plastic, and no stab either. So there is no real weight forward right now.

But still, I don't think any extra weight will be noticed that much, even when I do get it all dressed up. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Why is your arrow so nock heigh at full draw??? Is this the only way it tunes???

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why is your arrow so nock heigh at full draw??? Is this the only way it tunes???

Tried to post this yesterday. But when I hit post, it would say (can’t find page).

When I set this bow up, I basically started my nocking point, by leveling my arrow with the berger holes. While Google searching loop tying methods, I saw a guy on another forum wrap serving both above and below his arrow. I wanted to try it and so I did. I then tied my loop above and below the serving. This made for quite a "wide" loop.
But as I started shooting, the serving bunched up and was making my arrow nock fit too tightly. So I removed the serving. While shooting the video the bottom part of the loop eventually slid up to take up the extra space. This put my nock point slightly higher than when I started shooting.
That is all the "tuning" that I did. My arrows all seemed to fly pretty square into the target vertically.
My nocking point maybe should come down, and/or my Limbdriver may be a bit low as well.
It still may need some tinkering, but I was very pleased with the arrow flight with such a quick set-up. So far… so good!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Great videos and thanks so much for sharing. I will be setting up my Maitland very shortly as I have now received all my accessories. If its okay archerynut with you I will PM you do get details on how you set up your bows?

Regards

Gig

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great videos and thanks so much for sharing. I will be setting up my Maitland very shortly as I have now received all my accessories. If its okay archerynut with you I will PM you do get details on how you set up your bows?

Regards

Gig
Your welcome Gig! It was fun. :shade:

Glad to hear you got the goodies for your Zeus!

It's tough to maintain good shooting form, and trying to remember what you want to say without tripping over your words, or blowing shots.. and then have to edit it all to pieces.

There were a few more points I would liked to have shown in the video about this bow, like how the cables are set up and how easy I think this cam system is going to be to keep in tune etc. But all in all it turned out pretty good I think.

I’ll leave the official reviews to the experts, which I for sure am not.

But I would be glad to give you any info I can Gig, to help set her up . Just shoot me a pm anytime! :D

One thing I know is this. If deer season opened tomorrow I would not hesitate to take my Zeus into the stand with me.
Even set-up this crude way, and without the peep in.

But that’s not what I bought it for...This is just my practice "fun" shooting bow!

Once I get my CBE on it, I will film another shooting session, and then we’ll see what this baby will really do!

Of course USNarcher already knows what the Zeus is capable of doesn’t he? :)

archerynutNB

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
Very nice. Cool looking bow. All you need is a stab to take out some of that wobbling at full draw and you would be tearing up arrows for sure. Could tell you shoot Bowtechs. You were wearing the hat.:D

Thanks for sharing:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts