Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot a takedown recurve off the shelf, and the bottom fletching becomes tattered after a few weeks. Is there any way I can reduce the damage without getting a rest?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
You can experiment with nock rotation, usually helps a bit. I've sometimes built up the shelf area with leather and/or moleskin, with good results, as well. Experiment a little and you'll find what works best.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
On my trad bow I use the fuzzy velcro on the shelf and side with a gap in the corner and shoot with the cock vane turned to go through that gap. I get almost zero fletch wear and good arrow flight that way.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Arrows

It sounds like you have a problem with your arrows not properly splined for your setup. Archers parodox is the bending of the arrow at the first few feet of flight out of trad. bows. Your arrow will bend tail right, tail left, tail right, then stablize if arrows are splined properly. Opposite for left hand shooter. If you have the right arrow, your tail should bend to the left of shelf, clearing the bow when it is at the shelf then bend right then stablize. Hope this helps.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Plastic vane or feathers ??? I've never had any luck shooting off the shelf with vanes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts