Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. just wondering if anyone has had any issues shooting the Exodus out of their Halons. I noticed yesterday that the blade on the broadhead just touches the riser when drawn back. and I mean just. I'm wondering if my center shot is out but I measured it and it's coming in at 3/4". I know 13/16" is the norm though. I should mention that it was just on one that the blade was pointing straight at the riser. when I put the head on another arrow it was indexed better with the vanes but still fairly close to the riser.

I'm going to index my blades to vanes so shouldnt be an issue but with it being that close and in a hunting situation things can go a little different sometimes.

just wanting some opinions if you can help me out. Just index the vanes and blades or is my centreshot off and something else needs to be looked at?

Thanks!

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
Its kind of late now, but your arrows are too short for those heads.

I guess at this point you need to index them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok thank you. Do you know if thats a common occurrence with other bows shooting the exodus because of the large cut diameter?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
It's not the cut diameter they just sweep back over the shaft whereas most broadheads the blades are in front of shaft.

·
Registered
51,169 Posts
Agree your arrows are too short. You might beable to move your nock but bottom line your arrows are too short.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yep, arrows are short. A couple years ago I saw a guy draw back and the head caught the riser and popped the arrow off the string,,, not a good feeling. He let down but that could have been very bad.... I like my broadheads out front a bit...

·
Registered
768 Posts
My ramcats were the same way. If one of the blades was pointed toward the riser, it was way to close to the riser for my liking. So, I went to 4 feltch. ( Vantech Vmax 2.25" ) This fixed the problem as, I can now index my blades away from the riser using my nock.

In short, if you can index your blades so, it is pointing away from riser u should be good to go.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
3/4" CS is a little low, but if bow is tuned should be ok. You can always move out with top hats a little. I shoot Exodus and always align my BHs with vanes for consistency. With top blade at 12:00, you should have plenty clearance.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's up to you, you can add longer nocks and maybe extend the head somehow. But remember in a hunting situation that you probably aren't watching carefully if that head is gonna clear the riser or not. And if it doesn't, at best it is going to affect arrow flight, worse case, well, let's not go there.... it wont be good. Just make sure you have confidence in your equipment when it's all said and done....

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Let me just throw this out there...

Since everyone's draw-length on AT is 1/2"-1" too long you should just take 1/2" off of your draw. Bow not draw-length adjustable? Time for a new bow! Tell your wife that you can't shoot your current bow the way it is and you need to buy a new one.

Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts