Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Hoyt formula x velos limbs
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I am shooting recurve archery, but i've bought compound bow recently and i'm not sure if i stay in the same division. So i thought about purchasing a new sight with 10-32 thread, but use it with compound scope without lens. Will it be okay with F.I.T.A. regulation?

·
Genesis 21:20
25,165 Posts
Hi everyone.
I am shooting recurve archery, but i've bought compound bow recently and i'm not sure if i stay in the same division. So i thought about purchasing a new sight with 10-32 thread, but use it with compound scope without lens. Will it be okay with F.I.T.A. regulation?
Yes. So long as there is no magnification. There are recurve "scopes" that have a lens but zero magnification.

·
Registered
501 Posts
If using a compound scope on a recurve, you will also need to remove the level, and it cannot exceed 2cm in length from archer forward. Here are the World Archery (formerly FITA) rules.

It shall not incorporate a prism, magnifying lens/lenses, or any magnifying device, levelling, electric or electronic devices, nor shall it provide for more than one sighting point.

The overall length of the sighting circle or point (hood, tunnel or tube, sighting pin or other corresponding extended component) shall not exceed 2cm in the line of vision of the athlete. Long fiber optic pins must bend after 2cm with the opposite end of the fiber optic pin outside the athlete’s line of vision.

·
Genesis 21:20
25,165 Posts
Aren't there a few recurve apertures with 10-32 threads?

Steve
Not many. I make my own and I use 10-32 threads and I ordered a few from Barry with 10-32's because that's the size my Sure-loc aperture holders were tapped for.

I guess every "recurve" aperture I've seen is 8-32.

Reactions: Boomer2094
1 - 8 of 8 Posts