Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where I got this idea from perhaps from someone on here, I can't remember it might even be mine. I hunt in some pretty challenging terrain and a walking stick makes it at least palatable. I also occasionally hunt with a hand gun. So in order to get a nice steady rest I came up with this little dual purpose gem. It has the functionality to allow me to easily adjust the height and gives me a steady resting point. I simply lay my barrel into the slot and aim.

This is how I made it. I flattened the top of the rubber handle using a disk sander. I then cut a small piece of aluminum U-Channel and bent it to fit the way I wanted. I drilled 2 holes in the bottom of the u-channel and screwed it to the top of the stick.

Enjoy and shoot straight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hey BB, glad to see that you are still exercising your gray matter. I saw a PSE site where Pete was showing a similar stick to shoot his bow from. Claims that 100 yard shots are do-able. I have a teloscopic one from Wally that I have been playing with but it seems like a lot of extra hassel. Please report on your progress in shooting 100 yard, 6" groups..... with your bow. Will look for updates.
Tuna

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha I'm a finger shooters so even with the stick I'm not sure I would try a shot that long.
I've never tried to shoot a bow with it might have to try that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts