Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to trad archery so please forgive me but how many shooting styles are there out there and which ones are the most consistent or best? e.g. 1 over and 2 under fingers, 3 fingers below the arrow, etc.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I'm new to trad archery so please forgive me but how many shooting styles are there out there and which ones are the most consistent or best? e.g
That which eventually enables you to shoot the best you can achieve. Personally, I shoot extremely well using 3-under. However, that's me. No such thing in archery as "one fits all."

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
3 under will be more accurate unless you exclusively shoot long range with lighter draw weight.

·
Registered
792 Posts
look up "The Push" on youtube. Probably the most complete reference you'll find describing different types of aiming a traditional bow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Shooting style will vary according to distances typically shot and equipment used. Assuming your shooting without sights l, generally the style that bring the arrow tip closer to the target will be more consistently accurate.

For example say you hunt/complete with a longbow (say 25 yard max) and want to or have to have finger touching nock then three under/middle finger anchor with a heavy arrow will probably work better than split finger using index finger for an anchor point.

Maybe your game is targets out to 35 yards or more. Then a speedier set up using string walking will handle that better if rules allow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts