Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting ALOT of arrows each day for the past several months now. Would it do me any good to take a week off and not even pick up the bow?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I have been shooting ALOT of arrows each day for the past several months now. Would it do me any good to take a week off and not even pick up the bow?

Thanks
I have been doing the same thing, I tell myself that I am going to take the day off, next thing i know i am out the door and off to the outdoor range that is like 10 mins from my house....

willpower is somthing I dont have...lol

just be glad your addiction is archery and not something worse...

practice makes perfect, if you are still enjoying it dont stop..

with me i find i am still improving everytime I go out, once my shooting starts to suffer I will put the bo down for a few days...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have found that if I take off more than four days off that it takes much longer to get back into the groove However I know guys that can not shoot for weeks and still hit there markets. So who knows, I guess its somthing that you will have to play with (good luck)

·
Registered
244 Posts
define alot!

I shoot 80 - 100 arrows 5 times a week.
period. it helps to recoupe and give your body a needed break.
the other two days i read about archery. Find the time to watch all the video tape of me shooting. This helps alot.
you can find form problems you never ever thought about.
helped me get into the 375 consitantly.

·
Registered
444 Posts
just a thought

My biggest rule is perfect practice,...I would rather shoot 10 perfect arrows or as close to perfect to my ability and just be determined to not release the arrow unless it feels right no matter what,and i have learned that it is a decision one must make before they draw back,also make up your mind before you draw back that if its not right or if you miss you window juust let down and start fresh.

just a thought...Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts