Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would get out earlier today and by pass some of the mosquitoes. By my last shot at the big horn sheep I had enough. The shooting I was able to get in was fun though. It was nice to get out in the woods to shoot instead of my 18yard max shot I can take at home into my garage.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Got to get me one of those shirts.

Nice vids. The first time I heard the bow, I smiled and laughed a little as I will be shooting my Imperial today. The sound and shot reaction (the small flat spot in my grip is helpful) of the Imperial are great. The profile of the bow (as seen in the 2nd vid) is a perfect "D".

I was a bit low due to a IT/work issue and your vids of outdoor shooting got me happy again. Plus I am looking forward to getting outside to shoot again...soon!

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Great shooting! I'm getting into the wooden arrow bug myself. Tony gave me a couple sets of heavy spines (I've been drawing 31" so I need a stiff arrow) and I'm hoping to keep him company in the IBO Longbow class come July.

Nice shirt by the way :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MGF - Just have to order one:)

Easykeeper - I wasn't to bad at the start but by the time I hit the big horn sheep they were laughing at my bug spray. The big horn sheep was the 14th target in so I ended up skipping the last 4. At least I got in 14 targets ranging from 10 yards to 30 plus.

Kegan - Thank you. I am absolutely loving the woodies. I would say the Imperial actually handles even better with them then my carbons. I think I paid a little more for a quality wooden arrow but I certainly am glad I did for that initial positive experience. They seem to be flying as good as any carbon arrow I have tuned. I also love the way they feel, they way they sound, I can actually see them better in flight being slower. I now wish I would have tried them when I had the original Omega. Thanks once again for a wonderful bow and for all answers to my many questions!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Great vids and shooting. I'll soon be making the jump to long bow. I've shot a lifetime of fingers on compounds and recurves, but am finally making the leap to long bows. Thanks for sharing, and I hope to get groups like this eventually.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If the mqs land on the helipad below...I show no mercy and...I squish them with the palm thumb pad of my bow hand. ;-)
bowO33riserFS.jpg
bow033FSpq.jpg
The little Flat Spot rasped/filed in, really helped my bow handling as I shoot very high wrist. And now I am going to shoot my Imperial...more tuning to do.
Brace Height 6 15/16-" and VAP 600/75g are looking good on my 66" 33# at 30" Imperial. Will try 500/175g next.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Squash away I say!
I really think you will like how the flat spot helps with hand placement.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Heck - I thought I got shot! I tend to keep my speakers a bit loud. Love watching the different angles, really shows off you and your bow very well. Shooting woods arrows out of an Imperial in the woods just mesh together well :) Great shooting!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts