Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Monster® Chill R™ is the latest offering in the dynamic McPherson Series® bows from Mathews®. Centered on the AVS® DYAD™ cam system, the Chill R™ offers the smoothest speed in all of archery. With Dual Perimeter Weighted® Cams you'll experience minimal post shot vibration at blazing speeds, all in a lightweight, compact package. Shoot the Chill R™ today at your Authorized Mathews® Retailer.

Brace Height 6 1/8"
Draw Weight 50, 60 & 70 lbs
Bow Weight 3.95 approximate (with Dead End and HS Lite)
Let-off 80%
Draw Lengths 23-30"
Half Sizes 23.5-29.5"
String/Cable String: 63.25" Cable: 30.625"
Riser Length 23.647"
Cams Perimeter Weighted Dyad AVS
IBO Rating up to 342 fps
Axle-to-Axle 33"

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Where are the chrono results?

What numbers did you use to determine it as the most efficient cam system?

Not being critical just wanted to get you perspective and to compare your speeds against other reviews I have seen. Definitely a step in the right direction for Mathews, IMHO.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Obviously as compared by a Mathews dealer and lover to any other bow available. Don't expect facts from sales people, expect a pitch.
Nothing but Truth right here !!!

X2 !!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Typical Mathews Kool-aid from these guys. I walked into their shop with a buddy about 3-4 years ago to look at strother bows and all they talked about was Mathews this Mathews that and how they have the most efficient cam design in archery. This was after they were ripping on and cutting down bowtech and had bowtech limbs from the allegiance and earlier days hanging from the ceiling as wind chimes! Any and all credibility went out the door there since I had a bowtech in my case that I was looking to replace with a strother, NOT a Mathews but a strother. Needless to say my buddy and I didn't deal with them and found a much better shop 30 min down the road. This is a prime example why Mathews gets the hate that they do, people like this that think nothing else exists and that Mathews is gods gift to the archery lover. I will give credit when due though and that is to the chillr which I think is the best Mathews bow since orig switchback and I almost ordered one couple weeks ago, however just couldn't get over spongy wall even with draw half shorter than usual for me. If it would have had any kind of solid wall I would've ordered it, cause it is a good bow, just don't agree with the smoothest speed most efficient crap. I suggest trying some pse, hoyt turbo, and bowtechs before making that claim as long as they understand that the bowtech is a bow and not a windchime!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
lmao! what a joke...and people wonder why so many people hate Mathews....matt would be smart to take a good hard look at some of the guys that push his product so hard. I would love to blind fold some of these guys and tell them they are bout to shoot the newest Mathews bow, and to tell me what they like or dislike....and put another brand in their hand...I bet the response would be something along the lines of....'this is the fastest, greatest feeling, best bow I have ever touched...what is the name of it...."

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was simply a review of the bow.. We do this for all of the 2014 bows that we get in our shop. We have videos on the new PSE lineups, we do this to demonstrate how they shoot, give you some specs, and tell you how we think that they preform. We will also have videos on the 2014 Bear Archery lineup. Most of our customers request that we do these videos. Although we do love our Mathews; Jessy didn't even shoot a Mathews this year. He shot the Bear Empire. We do appreciate those of you who watch our videos and appreciate what we do!

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
Where are the chrono results?

What numbers did you use to determine it as the most efficient cam system?

Not being critical just wanted to get you perspective and to compare your speeds against other reviews I have seen. Definitely a step in the right direction for Mathews, IMHO.
This Chill R review has chrono results.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5DopInXNs

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Mathews makes a good bow, I've had several back in the late 80's when no body would be seen with one of the "single cam freaks" as they were being called. I wouldn't rave too much about the speed, my DNA was only 4 feet per sec. slower---at 60#, more important to me is the arrow group! Cheers--BB

·
Ad Meliora
19,026 Posts
Thanks for the review, don't pay an attention to all of the jealousy.
Jealousy? A good review should not sound like a sales pitch; it should not quote extensively on mfg's lingo. It should address weaknesses and strengths, not ignore them or downplay them. Actual draw length to achieve IBO (if possible) on this bow is likely 1/2" long.

Is it a bad bow? Absolutely not, but the review seems too much like a sales pitch to me. Trust me I'm not jealous, I've shot this bow...

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Mathews makes a good bow, I've had several back in the late 80's when no body would be seen with one of the "single cam freaks" as they were being called. I wouldn't rave too much about the speed, my DNA was only 4 feet per sec. slower---at 60#, more important to me is the arrow group! Cheers--BB
Solocam wasn't even invented in the late 80's

·
Sultan of Smack
6,196 Posts
I have problems with the claim of "smoothest speed in all of archery,, " as compared to what by who?
So much of archery is subjective. I can take ten bows and shoot them all and pick the best one. Nine other people do it and there could be nine other best ones. I never get wrapped up in reviews. I like to do my own.

SCFox

1 - 20 of 22 Posts