Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Monster® Chill R™ is the latest offering in the dynamic McPherson Series® bows from Mathews®. Centered on the AVS® DYAD™ cam system, the Chill R™ offers the smoothest speed in all of archery. With Dual Perimeter Weighted® Cams you'll experience minimal post shot vibration at blazing speeds, all in a lightweight, compact package. Shoot the Chill R™ today at your Authorized Mathews® Retailer.

Brace Height 6 1/8"
Draw Weight 50, 60 & 70 lbs
Bow Weight 3.95 approximate (with Dead End and HS Lite)
Let-off 80%
Draw Lengths 23-30"
Half Sizes 23.5-29.5"
String/Cable String: 63.25" Cable: 30.625"
Riser Length 23.647"
Cams Perimeter Weighted Dyad AVS
IBO Rating up to 342 fps
Axle-to-Axle 33"

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It's a sweet shooting bow that's for sure! I wish it didn't feel just like my Chill and I would have one on order.

Hey Dren, there's a Hoyt forum- beat it if you ain't got anything better to do. Ah, never mind it's easier to add you the the ignore list.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My brother picked his up yesterday. We were able to shoot it through the chrono. and it came in at 310fps. He's shooting CE Maxmia 250's w/ 100 grn head. 28/70. He and I also have the chill and he said the new Chill R has a little more vibe in the hand than the original chill. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I shot the ChillR and it is very nice. I shot a 28 @ 70 with a 415 grain arrow and it chrono'ed 279fps with a cheapo centerest plastic rest. I'm sure the arrow contact with the rest robbed a few FPS.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just ordered the Tactical version with red strings and dampener's for $1,037.00 including tax. I had to pay more for the Tactical and also the custom strings, etc.
I bought the Chill this year and stopped by to shoot the new Chill R. I felt is is more stable than the Chill at 33' and I also liked the extra speed. They told me the waiting list is 6 weeks on this bow with the custom string. Way more than the Creed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just ordered one of these myself. Wont get one until after Christmas unfortunately :( .

I'm currently shooting a Mission Ballistic and will most likely give that to my younger brother.

Hope to set it up and compete in my local 3D comp next year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts