Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is absolutely the best tool ever!
I've been shooting for 43+ years and have National Championship's under my belt. But I still refer to my dog-eared copy of "Shooting the Stickbow" several times a week.
He has the most basic information up to the most complicated ideas to grasp and explains the physics behind it. Lots of diagrams and pics to help you understand.
Several chapters on just the mental game, How to to tune the untuneable glob between our ears!!!
By far the the most important and most difficult part of Archery.
If you don't have it go buy 2 as fast as you can. 1 for you and another to loan , or give so nobody's gets yours!
Christmas time is here!!
As I've said a thousand times " Listen to Viper". Aka Anthony Camera.
Arrowchucker out!

Why are you still here??? Go get it now!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
112 views and nobody has an opinion?? Archers may be the most opinion people, except maybe politicians. Come on. Let er buck.
Arrowchucker out.

·
Impatiently improving...
1,215 Posts
Hard to debate with someone who's opinion is so similar to mine. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
That book, and his help on this forum has been immeasurable. I just wish that had been my first purchase after I got my first bow. That alone would have saved me 6 months, and at least $1000.

·
Not there yet
1,098 Posts
A couple of years ago or so, this type of question generated some book trashing and character assassinations, but many of those posters were either banned or left AT. It was entertaining, though.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Agree with you on this. In my opinion, since you want one-:) this is an indispensable volume of knowledge.

Now I have to say Rick McKinney's book as well as Simon S. Needham's book are also great volumes to be studied.

And do not forget "The Heritic Archer".

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Agree with you on this. In my opinion, since you want one-:) this is an indispensable volume of knowledge.

Now I have to say Rick McKinney's book as well as Simon S. Needham's book are also great volumes to be studied.

And do not forget "The Heritic Archer".
3 of the best archery books ever...and i have them all!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is indeed a great reference. I have read quite a few archery books, but this is the only one that I keep on my bookshelf.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I keep saying " Listen to Viper"!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Definite read!

·
New Kid
652 Posts
my first archery book and still probably the best

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I have my hard copy and Kindle copies. I also see the Viper on a regular basis. I've been a student of the game since e 1950's and still learn something from the Viper every week.
When I read a lot & think to much Shooting the Stick Bow & its author gets me back to sanity.
A very good read!

·
Registered
193 Posts
On Kyle's advice, I just picked up a copy of Viper's book. Only have had the chance to skim through it, but concentrated on the 'mental' approach to shooting. I can tell this book will continue to be a wealth of knowledge for me and those I help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts