Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This book was recommended by several responders to a thread I posted about "newbie to trad shooting." I did purchase the book, but, since I joined a 3D indoor league this winter, I have been practicing with my compound, and working a bit of OT, did not have a lot of time to read the book. Ok, college/pro football has a little something to do with that. Actually I do not own a traditional bow yet, hope to rectify that next month. Anyway, here in NJ we are getting blasted with a pretty good snowstorm, so, why not read some more of Shooting the Stickbow, while waiting for the storm to pass. Amazing how much info is crammed onto the pages, especially for beginners who want to shoot trad. Well worth to $20.00 or so the book costs. Disclaimer: I have no connection to the author, just thought I would post this as I see posts almost daily asking for info on how to get started shooting trad.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Disclaimer: I have no connection to the author, just thought I would post this as I see posts almost daily asking for info on how to get started shooting trad.
He posts on here regularly, a great asset to this website!

·
hunt or be hunted
3,953 Posts
I have the book, it is ok and covers the basics but it will not make you a good shot.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have the book, it is ok and covers the basics but it will not make you a good shot.
No book can make you a good shot.
Following the principles laid down in "Stickbow" can help you become one, though.
Best Jackson I ever spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts