Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody does this?

I currently shoot a 565ish grain hunting arrow with a 5 pin sight.

I was curious whether not not it would be feasible to shoot a lighter arrow (of the same exact diameter) that weighs substantially less at about 385-405ish with a sight tape for 3D and switch back and forth between arrows and sights without having to mess with anything my bow?

My train of thought behind this is that I won't have to buy a new bow, I can shoot a lighter, flatter shooting arrow while shooting 3D. I would just use two different sights tapes but I don't like the idea of messing with the thing in hunting scenarios, I like my 5 pin.

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Chances are they won't tune the same.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
<--- Finally!!
2,551 Posts
You can make it work. I have both an Axcell target scope and 5 pin with the dovetail. I switch between them all the time. If they are spined correctly, even with the weight difference, you sure can. The new Garmin Xero has the capability to use multiple arrow setups. You can even lower the poundage for 3d and raise it back up for hunting. Just need to fine the right arrow setup for each.

·
Registered
50,768 Posts
Just buy a HHA Kingpin sight. Then when changing arrows all you do is change the sight wheel. Not the whole sight.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I did something like this year's ago when I only had one bow.
I had my broadhead arrows and a set of sights that were set for them. I had the same thing for my field tip arrows as there was about a 2 inch difference in point of impact. The sights were on a dovetail mount so I would swap the sights and practice in the back yard, switch sights and go hunt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts