Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently shooting regular pin sights with glasses and can't clearly see my pins. I have been told to get a clarifier peep but i have no clue where to go to get one. I am switching to a scope in the future but im not sure what the best thing to do is. I shoot 3D comp. everyweekend and need something soon. I want the best thing possiable for shooting no matter what i have to go with. I also dont know what a varifier would do, if that would help or what. If someone could please send me a P.M. giving some suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
i wear glasses but i.ve never had view problems, a single pin sight may be better?

specialty archery ball peep is a good one with different apatures and various clarifiers that screw in, i use one with a simple 1/8 hole but i dont use a clarifier, athough you do need to try one out first to find the right size/type for you otherwize it can get expensive buying and hoping for the best :)

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Just an fyi, if you are shooting pins w/ no magnified lens and having problems seeing the pins clearly it is probably a Verifier lens (also available from Specialty Archery) that you need to consider. Clarifiers are designed to clear up the image of the target when viewed through a magnified lens (scope), not the pins. Verifiers are designed to clear up closer objects -- i.e. basically for those who are finding the need to start using bifocals.

There are 5 or 6 different verifier lens available and you need to pick one that works for your eyesight. Can't really go off of what someone else tells you to use. Although, if your ability to see close objects clearly is a recent development chances are you can probably get one of the two weakest verifier lens to work.

>>-------->

·
Registered
51,117 Posts
You need to find a shop that handles these products then go there and try several different combinations to see what will work for you. Your not going to get a clear answer on here you need to see what will work for you. Just remember no matter what you do, or combo one or the other(pin or target) will not be totally clear----one is going to be somewhat fuzzy. IMHO you want the target clearer than the sight pin. The reason I say this is your eyes can only focus on one thing at a time clearly. With that said can these items help-----they sure can. But like I said you need to find a shop that handles them, understands them and allows you to try different combos to find that one that will work for you. If you go willy nilly off these sites and random buy your going to have a boat load of cash tied up finding that best set up.;)

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
You need to find a shop that handles these products then go there and try several different combinations to see what will work for you. Your not going to get a clear answer on here you need to see what will work for you. Just remember no matter what you do, or combo one or the other(pin or target) will not be totally clear----one is going to be somewhat fuzzy. IMHO you want the target clearer than the sight pin. The reason I say this is your eyes can only focus on one thing at a time clearly. With that said can these items help-----they sure can. But like I said you need to find a shop that handles them, understands them and allows you to try different combos to find that one that will work for you. If you go willy nilly off these sites and random buy your going to have a boat load of cash tied up finding that best set up.;)
What Dale said.

Here's a link to the Specialty Archery "find a dealer" site:

http://www.specialtyarch.com/dealerlocator.asp

Most of them have a setup you can try before buying.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I fight with the same issues at times. I use a 4x lens with a number 1 clarifier. It all depends on lighting for me, to much or not enough certain angles. I never seemed to have this problem in the past. Its pretty annoying.
Ive tried everything I can think of. The biggest help is going from a .19 to a .10 fiber, using a larger scope housing and red fiber. I'm still experimenting. It has something to do with our classes, the clarifier and lens working together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts