Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a good trail camera but i don't want to spend cuddeback money for one. I have had several digital cam's but cant find one that will trigger as quick as my 35mm cam. Any suggestions on what is good out there for around 90.00 to about 130.00 thats about all I want to spend on one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well.... You get what you pay for! Ive had many trailcams, and it pays to spend more money. Your looking at spending $50 more if you buy the Cuddeback with the rebate. Spend the money and buy a Cuddeback.

·
Registered
137 Posts
For that price range you can get 2 wildgame ir2's and be set up with two different spots. Look at other threads related to "trail cams" and you can find the picture quality. For that price you cant beat em!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Moultire D55 IR 119.99 5 mps Video and pictures. Ive got 3. Great value.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For that price range you can get 2 wildgame ir2's and be set up with two different spots. Look at other threads related to "trail cams" and you can find the picture quality. For that price you cant beat em!
I have had wildgame cams before and i sat it close to a 35mm cam and didnt get a pic on it but on the 35mm had a full role of film.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.... You get what you pay for! Ive had many trailcams, and it pays to spend more money. Your looking at spending $50 more if you buy the Cuddeback with the rebate. Spend the money and buy a Cuddeback.
I didn't know that you could get cuddeback for that money see were i live its hunting public ground and people around here think that they have to steal what they come across and thats why I didn't want to spend the cuddeback money on one for someone to swipe it off the tree. What is the best place to buy one and what models do you recommend. What is the trigger speed that means more to me than picture quality.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
You might find a Bushnell TC or Scoutguard 550 for that amount on EBAY.

I buy them since I leave cameras in the woods for months at a time.

Im waiting on the Covert Reveal to come out. Its a whiteflash with supposedly 3000 pics on a set of batteries. Retail will be 130.

I also have a wildgame S1.3 that I bought for 50 bucks and wired with a solar panel and a rechargable battery that has been going for over a year.

·
Registered
11,551 Posts
thanks guys keep'em coming.
do yourself a favor, and go to chasingame.com and look at the reviews for most of the cams out there, like trigger times, flash, battery life, pic quality etc. btw the wildgame ir4 had a slightly faster trigger than the cuddeback?? if I had nothing to worry about as far as things getting stolen, then i would spend the money , however, no shortage of thieves around here

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
No such thing as what.
meaning you get what you pay for. I have had many, with just as many disappointments, I like the recon's but they are not cheap...
Thats what I meant sorry!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just last week was in the market for my first trail cam...... Did lots of reading and finding reviews for anything under the $90 point.

I ended up buy the Primos Truth 35 for $75 at Cabela's.... it gets Great reviews for that price point. Will have to wait and see how it does for me this year.

Yes.... go over the Chasinggame.com and see what they all say... a great site about Trail Cams.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Check out the electronic section here on AT, I got a great deal on a wildgame innovations X6C which is my second one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you can find one, the '09 Bushnell Trophy cam is great. The '10 models are a 50/50 crapshoot at best, but the '09 models are workhorses. Model # is 119405 for the plain brown, 119425 for the camo - they are the ones with 24 LEDs. Natchez Shooting Supplies had them for around $140, not sure if they still do. Well worth the $$ for that price if you can find them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I cheaped out and tried some tascos this year. Work great even after one was chewed up by a bear. Seem to handle the SK cold decent as well. I have some decent pics in -20 including a buck running close to 40 yards away from the camera. Works for me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts