Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the carter worth the extra few buck? Is the carter durable enough to be a 1 release does all? Hunting, spots, 3D? Also is the quickie + worth the extra few bones over the standard quickie? Does lancaster offer a discount to AT members?

thanks
skog

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Dont know about the quicky but the 2-shot is all that. I am using it with bt for spots now and will use it for hunting as well. That triple sear trigger on the carters is very crisp with no travel at all. I have several different finger type releases and carters is the only one i use now. For back tention they are hard to beat. Hope this helps. Nener asked them about the discount when i order from them, i guess its worth a shot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Never heard of the quickie,but I own a short n sweet. It is an awesome release.I use mine to hunt with,very dependable.I recommend the swept back model.The standard version makes you feel like you're reaching for the trigger.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've got both and reach for the Quicky everytime. I like it much better. JMO.

Greg.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have both and shoot the Quickie over the SNS. The SNS fits me better, but for some reason I cannot get it to shoot as good as the Quickie. Part of it was the wrist strap on the Quickie and I replaced it this week with one they sell and am really liking it now. I like to play a lot and every time I shoot the SNS then the Quickie I can tell the difference between the two. I'd spend the extra money!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I also have both and find them pretty similar but the Carter just feels alittle better to me .I dont need to change springs so the regular Quickie was my choice.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
I have the short and sweet with swept back trigger, love it and Tru Ball will stick behind that release if you have any issues. AWESOME customer service!!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have both and prefer the stiffer trigger on the Carter; both are quality releases, though.

·
Registered
405 Posts
has anyone tried a carter solution 2?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I shot the SNS tonight to test drive it. I liked it alot and was really surprised how much my groups tightened up. Not a a huge amount but noticable. My only prob with the SNS was I had to manually push the hook back every time. It would spring back but not lock, I had to push it back to lock it back and it would click. Is that normal? Also where online usually has the cheapest carter releases?

thanks
skog

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have the short and sweet, and the quickie. BOTH are great releases but the carter releases are like fine swiss watches. Quickie gets the nod.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I carry a shortnsweet in my pack for a backup release, it stays there. I have a carter quickie + is is far better because of the spring change out capability.
I use the heaviest spring. The only complaint I have is I go through velcro straps. I'm going to try a buckle strap.

·
Registered
15,387 Posts
I have both
The Carter is better:)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Got the Carter 2 shot with the Scott strap , best wrist release I have ever had...And I have had a bunch.:darkbeer:Carter quality..A++++:wink:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts