Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think cause of the string angle a shorter ata bow keeps the string further from your clothes when you are layerd up in winter? Or do you think there is no advantage?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I think you're right. When I bundle up for WI's late season, I often have trouble with the string hitting the chest of my heavy jacket. A shorter ATA would angle the string away from my chest faster.

·
Banned
1,886 Posts
Indiana hunter, use 58" recurve and 37+" axle to axle Hoyt compound.

One kidney, so I gotta bundle up......neither bow length has been a problem.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
i have not hunted with a bow in the winter here yet but plan to since i am starting out. . . my goal is to get a turk in the open sitting on my but so i got a ahort ata so it does not flick me in the you know what, (ball tap) if you dont catch my drift

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i have not hunted with a bow in the winter here yet but plan to since i am starting out. . . my goal is to get a turk in the open sitting on my but so i got a ahort ata so it does not flick me in the you know what, (ball tap) if you dont catch my drift
Thats's funny :grin:

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
I could see where that would help somewhat .However I rarely hunt lateseason archery season maybe 2-3 times tops .I am normaly tagged out by M/L closer!:)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
...it doesnt matter to me but my draw length prevents me from shoot short bows. 30.5 DL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts