Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Anti Fanboy
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm looking to get a short bipod for my bow. Just big enough to shoot off a bench with. I will not be needing it to stay on the bow, just for testing purposes.

I have a SUB-1 and don't know what would work, what all I would need, or where would be the cheapest place to get one. Don't need a spendy one if a lesser priced one will make due.

Recommendations please.

·
Registered
133 Posts
you will need a rail for it to work properly. I tried to attach one to just my sling stud and it just did not work

·
Anti Fanboy
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of. But what kind of system will I need?

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
Does the Sub 1 have a acc. rail. If it does id surly think theres one made for the AR15.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the Sub 1 have a acc. rail. If it does id surly think theres one made for the AR15.
No but there is 3 allen head machine screws in that area that goes straight up. Looks as if it holds the riser onto the barrel.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, Robert.

Indeed, there's plenty to choose from but getting one that will work is the thing. I'm not sure how to go about it and/or what all I'll need for my bow.

Surly someone out there knows??

·
Anti Fanboy
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be nice but my bow has very little space up front for a picatany rail. There may be a short one that will work by utilizing the riser mount screws, IDK. But at this point that's where I believe it would have connect.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
That would be nice but my bow has very little space up front for a picatany rail. There may be a short one that will work by utilizing the riser mount screws, IDK. But at this point that's where I believe it would have connect.
Hey skeet mission has a accesorry rail specifically for the sub 1 take the top and bottom bolt out leave the middle in and install new rail with longer bolts provided

·
Anti Fanboy
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey skeet mission has a accesorry rail specifically for the sub 1 take the top and bottom bolt out leave the middle in and install new rail with longer bolts provided
Very good! That's what I was hoping for. Now to find one. Ain't gonna happen around these parts.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Most of the gun mounts simply screw onto the sling stud if your bow has one. I have used mine on my Excaliburs using the sling stud and it works fine.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most of the gun mounts simply screw onto the sling stud if your bow has one. I have used mine on my Excaliburs using the sling stud and it works fine.
Don't think it will work on the SUB-1 but I'll check anyway. I know it wouldn't work on the Scorpyd I had.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts