Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one of you guys who gets to hunt early gets a good sized buck and u aren't going to use the cape, I would like to get a short haired cape to use for a mount. I just love the way the short haired capes look. But in Iowa, they are usually long before we get to em. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well If I get one whacked here, it won't be small. So I need a pretty good sized cape or the horns will look silly.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
maybe you should worry about getting a deer before you worry about the mount

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True enough. But Capes last awhile and I'm blessed with some of the best huntin in America. I get to be pretty picky.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Just use a mule deer cape, we'll pick up a couple next month I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
well i hope you connect and i am glad to hear you have some great propeties but when i first read the post it seemed as if you was running before you caught the ball so to speak

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohio, I was running without the ball. But I was hoping to have a taxidermist with a short cape standing in the endzone when i got there. Even if it wasn't on this set of downs. I"ve killed Pope or better every year for the last 6 years except for last year. Last year I passed on a 160 trying to kill a 190+ I have trail cam pics of. I'm not braggin, I just happen to have it REAL good where I am. But you did have good point. So who's got a short cape"In case I get lucky"???

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
What are you willing to pay for a short haired cape? My deer last year was shot on the 2nd of OCT and according to my taxidermist had the nicest cape he'd ever seen. If I shoot one next weekend I will probably have a euro done, so a nice cape is possible.

Here is last years deer.....a little on the small side, will be going after bigger this year, but he was beautiful! Pic didn't turn out the greatest, but it gives you an idea.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the double throat patch on your mount. PM me what you want for a short cape. the bigger the better. I see at least you know why I'm after one.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Well if I get a deer in the next couple of weeks that I want to do a euro mount on I will send a cape your way (If you pay shipping) THe last 2 years Ive gotten bucks that weighed right around 200lbs and if Im lucky enough to get another Id be more than happy to help you out but I wouldnt count on me gettting one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts