Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may be looking for a medium priced bowin the future that will still pack a punch with a 27" draw. anyone have suggestions? im pretty much open to any brand and would like to get near 60 for kenetic energy. thanks

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
If you say medium priced I'd probably check out the Mission line of bows, Bear Lights out, and some of the Hoyt's like the firehawk or whatever it is

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a lights out and i am only getting like 49 KE. i would like to get a little more for when i finally draw a bear tag and for going out west(that'll be a few years)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've got a 27" hoyt katera at 70#'s and am getting close to 70 ke with a medium to light weight arrow

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I like my Monster, but not sure how you feel about Mathews and speed bows.
It might be a little more than you wanna spend but the Reezen is a nice bow I shot my buddies a few times. He also had the Katera but didnt care for it and sold it. I'd check out the am32's, am25's, some of the Diamond's, the martin firecat, and as I said before the PSE's. What it comes down to is you should check out and shoot as many bows as possible to find what fits you the best. I might get bashed by the Mathews haters (theyre abundant around these parts) but once I held the Monster I knew it was mine speed, very nice let off, speed, speed, and lots of KE. With it being cranked it doesnt pose a concern for me I'm strong enough that I havent found a bow at the dealers that I couldnt pull comfortably.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Look for a bow that has an IBO speed of at least 330 fps. I shoot an Alien X right now, at 69 lbs I'm making 72 ft lbs of energy.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
A Martin FireCat won't break the bank and it hustles an arrow. You can find new '09's at a very reasonable price............... a lot less than a Mathews or Hoyt.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is that what you are shooting those flamin arrows out of?:mg:

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
i have a lights out and i am only getting like 49 KE. i would like to get a little more for when i finally draw a bear tag and for going out west(that'll be a few years)
You'll be fine with what ya got now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I shoot a 32 SwampMaster a old CSS bow,,, 26" draw,,, 25½ arrows, 125 gr. broadheads. Getting 267fps, arrows around 378gr. Have not lost one yet.

getting a new CSS encore tomorrow, one of the bows CSS had left over from the richwood line, 35" Encore 75+ with a 26" draw. should be waiting for me when I get out of the woods tomorrow.

I would think most bows today would give you plenty of KE to kill most of what you want to hunt.

This will be my 3rd CSS bow,, something about them, they just fit me...

RC

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm shooting my 09 Reezen 7.0 @ 27.5" with an 390gr-400gr arrow an getting close to 65KE with it. Taking it moose hunting in afew weeks.

Matt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts