Archery Talk Forum banner

Shortest ATA you have shot well

792 5
What is the shortest ATA bow that you have shot, and have been comfortable shooting with fingers?

I know there are many factors that play into this, such as draw length, if you drop any fingers and whatnot, but I am curious. Any other comments would be appreciated as well.

Currently, the shortest I have shot well is a Ross CR337, 37"ata. I have a 29" DL.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Glass3222....I shot some of my best 3-D scores with a 33", 6" brace PSE X-Force, shooting 3-Under, then dropping ring finger at anchor...And I played around a couple days with a Mathews Outback, I think that bow is around 31" ATA...But with the 80% let-off of the Outback, I could shoot it with one finger once I got to anchor...Maybe neither bow would have been a good choice for Spot shooting, or serious Target archery, but I didnt feel handicapped at all shooting the PSE X-Force for 3-D...Jim

· Registered
2,330 Posts
My backup bow is a late 80's Proline Zepher. I shoot my first few deer with it and gave it up to due to recurring limb twist issues. It has a wood riser, soft cam, 40" ATA and 8" BH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.