Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a shop that carries Bowtech today. I still want to try an Allegiance out as a back-up for my Switchback. The problem was that he did not have one set up and was busy. I did get to shoot one of the customer's Allegiance but it was about 1.5 inches too short on the draw for me. It shot fine but was pretty slow for what I want...owing to the short draw and perhaps set at somewhere near 60 lbs. I shot another bow that was close to my length but it was one of the Bowtech one cam bows and had a very hard last few inches cam roll over. Didn't like it at all but I am still looking to shoot a 29/70 Allegiance....maybe this weekend at BuckoRama.

SSSSSSSSSSssssssnake and the huntingbowhunt

·
Banned
157 Posts
hello

i think your gunna love the allegiance at your spec. it shoots REAL nice and its retty fast too

i have a 30/55 allegiance and it shoot 292

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
6,233 Posts
At 62# with a 346gr. GoldTip XT 3555 it's going 288fps
320Gr. GoldTip XT 3555 , 295 - 298fps. My draw is 28"

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Allegiance Toady????

Did it make you a little jumpy? LOL

Jbird

·
Registered
574 Posts
I shot a left handed model yesterday and was very impressed. I have never shot a bow that was that smooth since the old wheel bows of early 80s. I need to shoot a switchback and compare. I was also very impressed with the grip on the bowtech. Being a loyal Mathews customer its hard to rave about another brand.But in all fairness I would like to shoot the switchback, being lefthanded that can be tough trying out bows.Good to see other companys putting out quality products.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Last night at the RMEF banquet an Allegiance went for $520.00 I was going to raise the bid, but I could tell the highest bidder was really excited and wanted it. I was just going to sell it since I already have a new AR. After fondling it for a while, I must say its an impressive bow.

Redman2002

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
ssssssnake said:
I finally found a shop that carries Bowtech today. I still want to try an Allegiance out as a back-up for my Switchback. The problem was that he did not have one set up and was busy. I did get to shoot one of the customer's Allegiance but it was about 1.5 inches too short on the draw for me. It shot fine but was pretty slow for what I want...owing to the short draw and perhaps set at somewhere near 60 lbs. I shot another bow that was close to my length but it was one of the Bowtech one cam bows and had a very hard last few inches cam roll over. Didn't like it at all but I am still looking to shoot a 29/70 Allegiance....maybe this weekend at BuckoRama.

SSSSSSSSSSssssssnake and the huntingbowhunt

Stop by the Ultimate Shootout trailer at the Buckorama and try one out. There's an Allegiance that's got either 28 1/2" or 29 1/2" (can't remember which) cams on it. Hans will work with you and let you try it out.

·
32,708 Posts
If you find one at your specs, you are going to be well pleased with the speed. I'm shooting my Old Glory at 55lbs and I use one pin out to 30 yds. Think what a 70 lb bow will do, probably one pin out to 40yds.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Pretty slow? ssssssnake, this bow clocks in at 328fps you said you shot a switchback this bow is much faster. I think it felt that way because you were shooting a bow with a shorter draw length.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
rembrandt said:
If you find one at your specs, you are going to be well pleased with the speed. I'm shooting my Old Glory at 55lbs and I use one pin out to 30 yds. Think what a 70 lb bow will do, probably one pin out to 40yds.
rembrant, please dont take this the wrong way but i just get so disturbed at hearing how people shoot 1 pin out to 30 yards and just think what a 70 pounder will do, probably 1 pin out to 40 yards.

come on man, i am a devought bowtech fan now and sell an awfull lot of them at work but how about we not get too carried away on what they or any bow will do. there is now such bow going to shoot dead even all the way to 30 yards, just aint gonna happen and definately not to 40.

next thing you know i am gonna have customers in the store telling me how they read on here that you can get bowtech allegiance to shoot 1 pin to 40 yards and thats the kind they want so they can do that also. :eek:

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Trip, He ain't far off. I don't know why anybody shootin an Allegiance would have more than 3 pins that's for sure. That sucker is flat!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I just cranked my Allegiance down to 57#.

Shooting a 374 grain arrow at 274 fps. 28" draw

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Durocab1 said:
Trip, He ain't far off. I don't know why anybody shootin an Allegiance would have more than 3 pins that's for sure. That sucker is flat!
well, i will say this. i consider myself to be a decent, not great but decent shooter. and on bothe my old glory and my allegiance i have a seperate pin for 25,30,35, and 40 yards. but even standing at 20 yards and shooting 301 fps out of my allegiance i am aiming at a 1 inch spot and hitting an inch and a half high at 20 with the pin that is dead on at 25. there aint no bow shootin 1 pin out to 30 yards, not accurately if holding the same spot, just aint happening.

·
Registered
448 Posts
:confused: timjo,,at such a low poundage and short draw,how are you getting those #'s ??.I know that BowTech is fast,but,,,your getting over 62 foot pounds of KE.I mean DAMN :mg:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I suspect that they are talking about a solid hit on something the size of a deer's lung area. Thats not the same as shooting at a 1 inch spot. I shoot my Switchback zero'd at 25 at deer targets from 15 yards out to 30. I'm a inch or high at 20 and perhaps an inch low at 30. Solid hit on lungs but not on a spot! Have to move the pin on my movable sight past the 30 yard point. My SB shoots pretty close to 300 fps with a 350 gr arrow and it is pretty flat but....gravity is relentless and past 30 yards an arrow will drop fast regardless of the speed off the riser.

I will look for the trailer at BuckOrama....thanks for the heads up.

SSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssnake and the search for speed

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Not arguing with you guys I just get confused with seeing 5 pins. Maybe I move the dot a tad up etc. and shoot what I'm looking at to each his own. Hmmm, wonder what my score would be if I added a couple pins?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts