Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I've gotta admit that I loved it:thumbs_up

I went to the Spencer's Run shoot in Logansport, IN today and really enjoyed the course and set up. I will definitely return to do it again.

I had to slow my bow down by dropping poundage and adding arrow weight to get me at 280fps. I then opted to shoot the Known 45 class using my range finder. It's amazing how accurately I can guess yardage when I don't need to, but it was good practice for IBO:wink:. I really did enjoy the known class, even though purist 3d'ers will scoff at me. There were a good number of smaller targets(turkey/*****/bobcats etc) out there a ways which made a nice challenge, even knowing the yardage. 5 turkeys and 5 10's. Never done that before...hope that accuracy continues through Wednesday's season opener. I know that my hunting buddies would really enjoy this class with our slider sight hunting rigs, even if the open equipment can also be used.

I just might have to join ASA in addition to IBO now and put more money in my travel/entertainment budget and less in the food budget:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Oh no you are sliding to the dark side. LOL!!!:wink: Glad you had a good time at your first ASA style shoot. Buzz usually does a heck of a job setting the range. I believe they will be hosting an ASA State Qualifier the first Saturday in June. You may want to check that out also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Flintcreek I'm glad you had a good time, I don't usually set that many turkeys, but with opening day in 4 days it's practice. Hope to see ya at some more ASA shoots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts