Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i spent the afternoon shooting most of the bows in my local proshop including the Bowtech Insanity, Mathews Monster, and Elite Pure and Answer.

I have a 29.5" draw, and already have a short bow axle to axle bow so i'm looking for something around 36" with a 7" brace for 3d archery league and maybe to use as a hunting bow too.

My problem is I shot an Elite Pure, and frankly I loved it. It drew and held effortlessly and the ATA length definitely fits my frame well. My only issue is with the Elite poaching stuff that is going on, i'm just not sure whether it will impact the brand and ongoing support of the product in the long term. The Mathews Monster i shot was also very nice, but i wish it was longer. The Bowtech insanity, is just not for me, at 70 pounds with a 29.5" draw its just got too aggressive cams for my liking and wants to yank you off the wall too much (however it is super dead in the hand, quiet, and accuracy was very good). The Answer i shot was 60 pounds and also a very nice bow with a great draw cycle, but too similar to what i shoot now as far as specs go.

So what do you guy's think, part of me says i should buy the Pure because it fits me, and part is lean towards buying something with a more stable brand, and sure resale value.

Also, are there any other bows in the 36" ATA and 7" brace category that compare to a Pure?

Thanks,
Kennyo

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Elite makes a great bow, they aren't going anywhere. Buy the bow that feels right, and have fun.

·
Registered
454 Posts
What does poaching have to do with the type of bow.........people poach, not the bow!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I sold my two bowtechs and bought two Elites...I'm a happy camper

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just ordered the answer yesterday. Had problems putting it down when I was shooting it....cant wait to get my own.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I shoot the 2011 Mathews Monster MR7 and prefer it for 3D vs the Elites, but that's how they feel to me. How they feel to you will be different and that is what should matter most. So, I agree with the previous posts about getting what speaks to you. Not to add to the confusion, but the Prime Centroid is mighty fine also.

·
Always Scouting
3,418 Posts
You found a bow that fits you perfectly which is like finding the holy grail. The poaching thing is a non issue and this company is here to stay. If you actually dug into the backgrounds of the people that worked for the companies you buy products from, some accused of poaching (not found guilty) would be the least of your concerns.

matt

·
Gunna GIG one..;0}
772 Posts
Dude........this is a mistake to ask. The bow fits you. YOU DONT FIT THE BOW. You buy, shoot and love the bow thats feels right and shoots great for you. I love the Omen Pro, but the majority doesnt.:beer: heres to you for getting out and finding the bow that fits you and Elite is here and isnt going anywhere. Still a good company with good people. Our Congress sucks, but our people rocks.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Also make sure that you shoot them all at the same poundage... That will give you a much better comparrison...

When I was doing my comparrisons... They had them all over from 55-70... And I thought I had my mind made up... Then I had them set them to 65#... And ended up completely changing my mind!!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
you might want to wait for the insanity cpxl, it is supposed to be way better as far as draw goes than the cpxplus it fits your specs

·
whack-a-doe
116 Posts
Love my Elite. But buy what you shoot best. Good luck with the one you choose.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Give the PSE Vendetta XL a try. 35ata 7.25 brace I like it way better then the pure. Flat out shoots and for me the best grip out there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts