Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, shot the Destroyer today. Very fast, quiet as they com, just a little on the short ATA and the wall leaves something to be desired. People talk about draw cycles constantly and I never pay much attention as I figure if you want a certain IBO you will pay the price somehow to get it. But the speed for the draw cycle is inexplicable on this bow.

However, the real shocker of the day for me, was shooting the Elite series. I didn't get to shoot the Judge (waiting on mine now!) but did shoot the GT500. All I can say is wow! The draw was a little stout compared to the Destroyer (to be expected from a Strothers design), but the wall is something that has to be felt to be believed. Shot every new bow in the shop today. None close. The grip, the silence, and that wall were all unreal. I was stacking arrows at 20 w/o a peep. Not a huge feat for some, I understand this, but I thought it was pretty revealing. It just made me anchor better. Cannot wait to shoot the Judge, I only hope I like it as much as the GT! :darkbeer:

·
Do say when...
1,736 Posts
was wondering what you meant by "the wall leaves something to be desired." was there the hump they all talk about or just didnt settle in steady and stay dead?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
wall

i shot the destroyer 350 today and had to order one in all black its awsomethe wall was fine it can be adjusted just like the sentinel and admiral and captain bows last year when i first shot it it settled well but wasnt really solid back wall but after it was adjusted it felt great.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My brother did trade deal off AT for a GT500. I got to shoot it a bit today,first time for an elite. The bow was the best drawing bow for me ever or at least a bow that has that much speed behind it.Loved the way the grip sat down on the top of my hand.The rock wall at the back was what i am used too since i shoot a CAT cam martin now. Been on the phone about a judge for a couple weeks,dealer will have them after the holidays. Planing on driving up to bowtech too to shoot the destroyer! Could go either way! Looking for speed of course but that elite draw is soooo nice!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I shot the Gt 500 and the wall is great and it is an impressive bow. I ordered the Hoyt Maxxis 31, but I was impressed with the Gt 500.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Shot the destroyer and Z7 today. The 350 was very nice. The valley was a little short for me but drew very smooth with little vibration and shot noise. The Z7 is by far matt's best bow in a long time. I don't like short ATA bows but this bow held like a longer bow and was dead on the shot. It is the quietest mathews yet in my opinion. Now if I could just get my hands on some elites.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re:

"was wondering what you meant by "the wall leaves something to be desired." was there the hump they all talk about or just didnt settle in steady and stay dead?

***I found the wall a little spongy, but what really stood out about the destroyer was the draw cycle. I seldom even lift an eyelid when I hear someone talk about the draw cycle on a 340+ fps bow. But whatever they have done with the cams on the Destroyer is simply amazing. One of the smoothest feeling I have ever drawn. It feels weird seeing that arrow rocket out after such an ez draw. That said, I am still going with the Elite. Love the wall and your hand just melts into the bow at the grip.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I have had a GT500 since summer of last year and I like that thing the more I shoot it. Let us know how the Judge treats you.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do. I am also anxious to shoot the GT and Judge side by side as the GT is the bow that is crossing me over to Elite.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts