Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chaser of Whitetails
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I made the drive today to shoot the new Hoyt Alphamax 32 and 35. First off, there is a VERY noticeable difference in the weight of these bows and the Hoyts of years past. Some people like them light, some like the heavier feel. For you guys who like 'em light, you'll be glad to pick up one of these as they are LIGHT. The finish is also very nice on the new Alphas. The Realtree AP looks great. Of course, it has the trademark Hoyt narrow grip, which in my opinion is hte best grip in archery. Now, on to the point. The draw of the new Alphamax is failry smooth, but it seems to "load up" a little faster than I expected. The wall is ROCK SOLID. This was my favorite feature of this model. The release is dead, no noticeable jump. It was also pretty quiet. Considering that this bow was a 29/70 shot at 65# with no stab and nothing on the string other than nocks, it was suprisingly dead and was not loud at all. I shot both around 20 arrows each. I also compared the two new bows to a Katera XL. I also shot it with no stab, at 29/70 set at 65#, and without string silencers. Shortly thereafter, I finished up and went to the counter to place my order...28.5/70 Katera XL. Don't get me wrong, the Alphas are nice bows, very nice. BUT, to me, the Katera was the smoothest draw and felt better all around. I already know it will be a shooter...BUT, it will be a looker too. I ordered one with the Black Out riser and Realtree AP limbs :tongue::cool::darkbeer:.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
DEAD ON Muy

i also shot the AM32and 35 today. both were as you say dead. you don't know you even shot until the arrow hits the target. the 32 is def. deader than the 35 but both are shooters. and as you said for those lightweight guy's this bow should def. be looked at.

i prefer my Katera but only because i need a little weight in these high winds i hunt in. oh and it's a blacked out/camo too...........:darkbeer:

Attachments

·
save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,033 Posts
i concur...got to shoot it this weekend. i like em heavier myself. i thought the alphamax draw cycle was a bit hard, for a slower bow. it was very quiet and dead in the hand for sure......but if were going hoyt id be shooting the katera.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've heard great things about the new alphamax's, hoping to get to the shop and shoot one this afternoon.. From what I've heard about the Amax, the Vectrix I got in August will be for sale soon...

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
shot the am 32 and 35 today. both were very nice bows. the only thing is the string stop is still not very good. its actually pretty loud at the shot. the shop i went to replaced the 35 with a side mount sts and it was night and day difference. but overall, these bows are very nice and i wouldnt think twice about owning one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts