Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot the ideal hunter version, wow very simple desighn and very natural to shoot, I could easily see hunting with this , no moving parts. very easy to draw with just thumb and index, i went ahead and ordered mine it comes with a wrist strap not in this pic found this at bowhunters superstore

Attachments

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
24,192 Posts
Who makes it .Or do you have a Link

·
Registered
18,953 Posts
Very interesting release. :)

·
24,192 Posts
Well first let me say its a nice release.

Checked there site out..They seem tobe a little pricey. :wink: What realy got my attention was the Allen wrench they was priceing it for $4.00 :eek:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the hunter version is only 60 bucks , it just doesnt have as many ways to modify the grip basically it fits or it doesnt , i have semi slim fingers (girly)and it fit me well

G

·
I have one coming, it isnt a hinged release its a spike head, what is different about it is the hook is centered on the index finger instead of between the index and middle. They are spendy. If I like the hunter Ill probably buy the adjustable one.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one coming, it isnt a hinged release its a spike head, what is different about it is the hook is centered on the index finger instead of between the index and middle. They are spendy. If I like the hunter Ill probably buy the adjustable one.
the thing i really liked is unlike other hinges ive shot as soon as you remove your thumb from the post it kind of changes the load , like preloading it seems to want to go off unlike some you have to work more at , just seemed alot easier and smoother you probably wont get it until you shoot one

G

·
the thing i really liked is unlike other hinges ive shot as soon as you remove your thumb from the post it kind of changes the load , like preloading it seems to want to go off unlike some you have to work more at , just seemed alot easier and smoother you probably wont get it until you shoot one
Changes the load?
Do you mean like its rotating to release?
The part Im worried about is I dont use thumb posts with my hinged releases, it seems like you have to use the thumb post on this. Can you draw it with just the index finger?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes ,I dont think i described it well. I shot it about 15 times and after getting comfortable, I could remove thumb off of peg an let down if i wanted to. The only adjustment on the hunter version ( $60.00 ) is the angle of the hook to change how light it is. Just seemed like the geometry of the hook placement over the middle finger took the load off the index finger which was my problem with hinge style releases ( mostly truball ) I always had too much tension there

·
24,192 Posts
I went to your link .The price seems lower there.

Swivel Base Ring. [ Now are they saying,the inside of the finger hole turns.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I went to your link .The price seems lower there.

Swivel Base Ring. [ Now are they saying,the inside of the finger hole turns.
I don't think so Unk. They tried to make the target version look like the Backfire (www.zenitharchery.com) but as far as I can see it's just a version of the original ledge releases we started with. Maybe they'll figure out a way to put a rope on it and re-invent the rope spike.:wink::wink:
Joe B

·
24,192 Posts
I don't think so Unk. They tried to make the target version look like the Backfire (www.zenitharchery.com) but as far as I can see it's just a version of the original ledge releases we started with. Maybe they'll figure out a way to put a rope on it and re-invent the rope spike.:wink::wink:
Joe B
Hello Friend Joe
See what you mean.Haven't been on very many sites lately.Sorry i missed yours.
Quote = Maybe they'll figure out a way to put a rope on it and re-invent the rope spike.:wink::wink:

--------------------------
My thoughts also.Still think its a little pricey for a spike release. And there price on a Allen wrench was $4.00 :zip: Also after looking at there hook. It seems to have a soft look. Just was wondering if it had been case harden.

Checked your link .Nice made release .
I always wanted to try a ring bareing in a finger hole. and a wider hook to spread the [ D] loop :wink: [ Later

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I am a staff shooter for Ideal Releases. My good friend Mike Whalen is the inventor. The hooks are hardened. I have been shooting one now for about a year, and I have had no problems with my loop. The hook is adjustable for how "fast" it goes off. If you want the hook "faster", you just loosen the allen screw that holds the hook in place, and then go counterclockwise, or loosen, the allen screw in the hook itself, and then retighten the lockdown allen. If you want it slower, just go clockwise on the second allen instead. I hope this little bit of info helps.

Also, as J3100 said, as you let off the thumb peg, the release basically "centers" itself on your finger. The hook and the hole in the release are on the same plane, meaning the center of the hook lines up with the center of the hole. It is a lot better than the first hook design, which didn't line up quite as well. If you have an older hook, contact them to see about upgrading to the new one.

Josh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.