Archery Talk Forum banner

shot the monster today along with others

708 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  trkeyterminator
hey all i shot the monster today, along with every bow bowtech and diamond has out there and the mission journey and ross carnivore 34. at the ohio deer/turkey expo i had a chance to shoot all the bowtech,diamonds as well as the ross, and needless to say bowtech has some nice bows out there, but i was surprised the most by the carnivore, you guys need to shoot this bow. it had it all, it was smooth quiet, relatively shock free and had decent speed. the iceman outperformed too, even over the admiral in my opinion, but just by a margin. the black ice was probably the smoothest but they were all nice. the sniper was kinda heavy.i would not hesitate to buy one of these bows and i really like that iceman though. if you hae any questions feel free to ask

as for the one your probably reading this post about, the monster, i was kinda dissapointed. i had to shoot right handed since the left handed bows arent out yet, but i will give you the best description i can about the bow.
it looks awesome first of all, but beyond that it is kinda top heavy, too much for my liking and the draw was rough. it was harsher than my trykon w/ 80% cams. it really built up twoard the end and dropped hard. the vibraation was ok, the speed was good, but i did not have it chrono'd. i held the reason along with it, but i didnt have a chance to shoot it. from what i could tell, the thing was darn front heavy. way too front heavy.as for the mission journey, it had a pretty smooth draw, decent vibration and sound, and it had decent speed. typical middle range bow, but i liked it alot because it was light. its definaltey a good bow but i was dissapointed with mathews in general.
i also shot the alphamax and thought it was better than all of the above:shade:

i know this is pretty general but if anyone has q's ill try to answer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,683 Posts
ambidextrous

wow, can you shoot bows both left and right-handed. i have heard of people doing a lot of things with both hands but that is pretty awesome. i had a buddy who shot a jumpshot lefty and dribbled stronger with his right hand. sorry for getting off topic but i can't even pick my nose or wipe my......... well you get the point!

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, can you shoot bows both left and right-handed. i have heard of people doing a lot of things with both hands but that is pretty awesome. i had a buddy who shot a jumpshot lefty and dribbled stronger with his right hand. sorry for getting off topic but i can't even pick my nose or wipe my......... well you get the point!
can i shoot a bow right handed.......yes
effectively and accurately.......no lol
i just couldnt handle not shooting it i had waited so long to even see one so i thought the hell with it

· Registered
593 Posts
try doin both at the same time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.