Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the local bow shop.

Destroyer 350 - Bow has a smooth draw, decent let off, but the had some very detectable vibration. I think the vibration comes from the new flex guard. Grip was just ok. Bow was light nice balance. Smoking speed.

GT500- Bow has a real nice draw, I felt the destroyer was a lil smoother not much. Bow was really light, balanced really well. Shots really nice but slight vibration. Nothing wrong with it for me except the grip, it was to small for my liking. I have big hands just wasnt comfortable.

Z7- Bow was amazing, no hand shock at all. Great feel in your hand. I was knocking fletchings off with this bow shooting instinctively. For me, the Z7 was the hands down winner, but i am willing to shoot a slightly slower bow for comfort.

Please dont bash this posting I had no preference in brand. I just wanted you guys to have my opinion on the 2010 line up.

I am getting my Z7 next week...hope this helps anyone looking for a new bow.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
I agree with alot of what you said the z7 is an awesome bow. Myself I felt no vibration whatsoever with the 350 though

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swear on the destroyer I could feel the flex guard moving back might have just been me but i made my decision on the Z7.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The Z7 I shot had a lot of kick off the bottom cam. It wanted to kick forward and up, I'd call that hand shock. Other than that, great little shooting bow.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I bought the z7 yesterday! What a bow!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Z7 For me as well

I own an 82cnd Airborne and love it. Went into the archery shop to buy a hunting bow and tried the DXT. I instantly fell in love with it. Super light compact bow that shoots fairly fast. I have a small DL 27" so I am a little slower then stock IBO.

The guy in the shop had a 28 DL in the Z7 and tried it as well. The DXT and the Z7 felt almost identical to me. For the extra speed and the feel was awesome. I fell in love with this bow immediately and ordered a 27 DL and it comes in Tuesday. I can hardly wait.

I am going to shoot my bowtech for 3D and use the Mathews for hunting.

Merry Christmas to me!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good choice

I shot the Z7 and liked it but not as much as the Destroyer. But like you said the Z7 felt the best to you. Enjoy!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts