Archery Talk Forum banner

Shot X-Force for first time!!! WOW

695 12
Just got my '07 X-Force all set up to shoot and ran a few arrows through it this morning. WOW!!!

I've NEVER shot a speed bow before so I didn't know what to expect. I was VERY, VERY surprised and pleased. This thing shoots so smoothly and quietly. Virtually no hand shock -- and SPEED... 311-312 FPS with a 336 grain arrow at 60 lbs/28"!!!!!! :mg::mg:

I don't know what people are talking about when they say these things are harsh to shoot -- the draw cycle is not bad and the performance is well worth any slight discomfort that may exist (have yet to see any).

:darkbeer::darkbeer:
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,401 Posts
Just got my '07 X-Force all set up to shoot and ran a few arrows through it this morning. WOW!!!

I've NEVER shot a speed bow before so I didn't know what to expect. I was VERY, VERY surprised and pleased. This thing shoots so smoothly and quietly. Virtually no hand shock -- and SPEED... 311-312 FPS with a 336 grain arrow at 60 lbs/28"!!!!!! :mg::mg:

I don't know what people are talking about when they say these things are harsh to shoot -- the draw cycle is not bad and the performance is well worth any slight discomfort that may exist (have yet to see any).

:darkbeer::darkbeer:
congrats!!! hope you enjoy it for a long time

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Great

Congrats. Sounds like a real speedster!
That's great to hear as I just purchased an 08 x-force 6 off of J-Daddy and am getting it tuned and re-strung soon. I haven't shot it yet either.
This will be my first 'speed bow' also.
Done alot of research on the x-force and couldn't find hardly any negative opinions or reviews.

I will post speed and specs and equip. when I get her all rigged up. I am thinking I will be using the 27" mods but not sure just yet on the posts I will be using.

Stay tuned......

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Welcome to WARP SPEED:wink::wink::wink:From what you post Hunlee make suggestion about you arrow!!!!!!!It is tad heavy for WARP SPEED you could have!!!!!!!!!!!Rethink yur arrow choice an higher WARP SPEED can be had!!!!!!!Better penatration an killin power from WARP SPEED ARROW!!!!!!!!:77:
Ifin you deside you need choosing lighter arrow you get with Hunlee

hunlee

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
They really are good bows, and with the right strings and tuning they will smoke the listed IBO numbers. Heck my '07 I shot last year at 28.5" draw at 70lbs with an IBO arrow would do 330fps. It had John's Customs strings on it and I tuned the poop out of it...It was a flame thrower but still shot good and was quiet.

· Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep, this thing is SWEET. And what it makes it even better is that I got it off the AT classifieds at a great price -- bow looks almost new to me. If anyone is looking to pick up another bow, they really need to do themselves a favor and check out the AT classifieds FIRST!!! :shade:

PS - Hunlee .. lol... wow, don't know what to say exactly to all that. I am interested in going down to about a 300 grain total arrow weight -- what could you hook me up with?!

· Banned
736 Posts
Welcome to WARP SPEED:wink::wink::wink:From what you post Hunlee make suggestion about you arrow!!!!!!!It is tad heavy for WARP SPEED you could have!!!!!!!!!!!Rethink yur arrow choice an higher WARP SPEED can be had!!!!!!!Better penatration an killin power from WARP SPEED ARROW!!!!!!!!:77:
Ifin you deside you need choosing lighter arrow you get with Hunlee

hunlee
there ya go hunlee help with warp speed!!

· Registered
1,040 Posts
yep, this thing is SWEET. And what it makes it even better is that I got it off the AT classifieds at a great price -- bow looks almost new to me. If anyone is looking to pick up another bow, they really need to do themselves a favor and check out the AT classifieds FIRST!!! :shade:

PS - Hunlee .. lol... wow, don't know what to say exactly to all that. I am interested in going down to about a 300 grain total arrow weight -- what could you hook me up with?!

+1 on the classifieds!
J-Daddy is a great AT'er!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.