Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of glitch in my shooting form might result in shots ending wide left of 2-3 inches? It's not my sight because I've had good shooting sessions where I'm right on but then I have others where the shots float left on me. I try to always turn my wrist up and get the grip to anchor against the bone at the base of my palm.

Any ideas? Could wrist slap of the string on my arm guard be the culprit?

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Possibly hand torque. Also too long a draw length---very common.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I this happens after several shots You may be getting tired and changing how you hold your bow. If you are hitting your arm guard some thing is wrong

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I had the same problem to the right, but I'm a lefty. A friend pointed out that I was trying to see the arrow hit, slightly moving my head out at the moment of release instead of holding a good follow through position, which was pushing my arrows out. As soon as I was aware of this, the problem went away! It might not be your problem, but it's a possibility to check out.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
If any part of your bow sting is touching the side of your face this can result in left or right of target shots i would bank on this as being the main problem,when was the last time you replaced your string? Streched out bow strings can lead to longer draws as much as 2 inches.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
bfisher said:
Possibly hand torque. Also too long a draw length---very common.
Yeap, I really think too long of a draw is responible for a lot of form problems and if you are getting string slap you have too long of a draw. Grip is another. Learn to shoot with an open grip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts