Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been shooting a PSE Brute Force for a little over a year now. I was just looking over some old photos of myself shooting, and I can definitely see that the bow is not perfectly vertical when I'm at full draw, meaning that a line drawn through the axles is not perpendicular to the ground. The bow is definitely canted forward.

Generally speaking, I feel like the bow is tuned pretty well. I can definitely shoot it well, consistently getting 1.5" groups at 20y, even better if I use the same arrow. Broadheads have nearly the same point of impact as my field points, and the arrow is perpendicular to the string when at rest. But, looking at the videos of others shooting the bow (archery shop reviewers, etc) the bow looks perfectly vertical. Is something off on my bow? Is this a sign of the nock point being set too low?

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
It may mean you are aiming at a target that isn't level with your arrow.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may mean you are aiming at a target that isn't level with your arrow.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
No, that's definitely not the case. I intentionally have the center of my target set at the height of my shoulders/chin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
shoot it through paper, if its like you describe it (posting a picture would yield better advice), and you are not aiming down or up, shooting it through paper would tell you a lot about what your bow is doing to your arrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts