·
Banned
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's you vote on this?

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
not an accurate poll. Most bowhunters don't want xbows: the reasons have been demonstrated by Incurious George and his buddies.

·
Registered
300 Posts
They have always been legal here in Ar, and I didn't have a problem with it till about 3 years ago, when me and my F-I-L camped for a week in a NWR the first week of bow season.
there were between 25-30 hunters camped in our area, and all but about 2 were usin xbows. now I've always beleived whatever a man chooses to hunt with,he should be allowed to do so.
but, I guess I didn't realize just how many hunters were usin xbows. as far as I could tell, none of these hunters were disabled.
I now beleive that most of these hunters are just to lazy to learn to shoot a compound. I now wish they would make it a law in Ar that xbows be used on private land only, and if used in a WMA or NWR, then they should have a disabillity permit to use one.:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
xbows

Personally I do not care what a person uses as long as its legal. I choose to use either my recurve or my compound. I do not concern myself with what other people are using. I suppose I just mind my own business and enjoy the time I have in the field.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nothing will be considered "accurate" by jim c if HE doesn't agree with it... Hey jim - get over yourself - the people have spoken, and they're AGAINST you and your crossbows... Learn how to shoot a compound, you cripple!!!

- georgestrings

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
the people have spoken, and they're AGAINST you and your crossbows... Learn how to shoot a compound, you cripple

wanna shoot for money George?:D :D . any FITA OR NFAA round you choose. one with a compound, one with an olympic recurve bow. Finally a 900 metric with TNC Crossbows (you can tell me how easy they are after that round) add the scores. you put up a thousand or five thousand, I put up the same. Winner takes all.

I have dozens of 300 NFAA scores with a compound. Never got one with a recurve but I averaged 292 with a recurve in the last indoor league and won the IFAA postal with a witnessed 294 average.

TIme to put up or shut up Georgie. 144 arrows in one day with my 46 pound recurve and fingers we will see who the cripple is:D :D :D. Better get ready for two weeks of not shooting or shaving or typing after that string rips your fingertips to shreds:D :D :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
No, jimmy - I'm a BOWHUNTER(not that you'd know ANYTHING about THAT), and a 3D shooter - I would SO thoroughly school you on a 3D course it wouldn't be funny!!!

- georgestrings

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
a BOWHUNTER(not that you'd know ANYTHING about THAT), and a 3D shooter - I would SO thoroughly school you on a 3D course it wouldn't be funny!!!

wanna shoot Bedford with FINGERS next year Georgie?
I guess you don't want to hear that I shot 3d three years before I switched over to recurve.

You think you can judge yardage better? You obviously haven't shot much FITA field have you. 55 Meters (or in the case at nationals 59-60 meters)unmarked yardage.

: :rolleyes:

Come on Georgie, you called me a cripple and told me to learn how to shoot a compound. now put up or shut up you gutless little worm

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well, jimmy - If shooting a compound with a release is as easy as you claim, you should have no difficulties with it(although I have my doubts, because if that were the case, why would you insist on hunting with a crossbow???) Bring a compound with sights, a release, and PLENTY of money out here to NY - you're gonna need it!!!

- georgestrings

·
Registered
852 Posts
I see that nearly 72% of all bowhunters polled here voted AGAINST the use of crossbows for all but the handicapped during bow season - seems pretty straight forward to me...

- georgestrings

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
see that nearly 72% of all bowhunters polled here voted AGAINST the use of crossbows for all but the handicapped during bow season - seems pretty straight forward to me...

yeah, this was a scientific poll doofus. The fact that all of them seem to think its ok to use crossbows in archery season sort of cuts against some who claim its not archery equipment.

Now are you saying that a crossbow IS NOT an unfair advantage for disabled people? I guess you merely don't want to share your woods with other people unless they are disabled

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nice twisting of my words, counselor - how about if I explain it SLOWLY to you, so that even you can understand... Even the most anti-crossbow hunters in the world don't want to cheat another hunter who is too disabled to shoot a real bow, from enjoying bow season(but we don't want to ruin our bow seasons with the total inclusion of crossbows) - therefor, we believe crossbows should ONLY be allowed for use by the handicapped during bow season... Did you understand THAT??? Or doesn't that stance allow you to sell enough crossbows to make you happy???

- georgestrings

PS - Probably the reason why this poll wasn't "scientific" enough for you, is because you didn't want to hear the results - they weren't to your liking... Makes you look pretty self centered, counselor... If the poll only included NY and PA bowhunters, I'm sure the against vote would be 100%...

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
Doofus George. what is right or wrong is what counts, not the opinions of people who claim

1) xbows aren't archery equipment

2) xbows are guns

3) xbows cause more wounding

You seem to think that alot of people who lie or tell obvious falsehoods should determine what is right or wrong

I couldn't care anymore about what alot of people who think like you want anymore than what a bunch of klansmen think about civil rights

one of these days xbows are going to be totally legal in your and every state

deal with it

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I have no trouble with cross-bows, just let them hunt during the muzle loading primitive arms season. I was in favor with allowing them for the handicapped until I found out about all the abuse of handicap permits.

I witnessed a truely handicapped person shoot using a leather throng on the string and pulled the bow with the throng in his teeth (he could shoot better than I could).

I don't think accuratecey (sp) is the problem as I have out shot any cross-bow shooter I have shot against, the problem I have is they are too much like a rifle, needing very little movement to fire. I would bet that most favoring x-bows could not come to full draw, using any weight bow, without spooking the deer. Poor woodsmen and poorer hunters form those I have encountered!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
for disabled hunters wanting to hun during bow season yes and am glad we have that law in oklahoma as i am able to hunt with my dad
rob k

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Well, so far it is 100% for crossbows in one form or another.

That kind of shows you that everyone recognizes the crossbow as a piece of archery equipment.

NO ONE would want something that isn't archery equipment in archery seaosn in any shape or form would we?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I'm for crossbows 100%,to those who are handicapped or disabled.

Not to those of you who are looking for an easier means than the compound.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
What does ease of mastery of a hunting tool have to do with actual hunting??

If we counted on that then we would all be heaving big rocks at deer from the tops of enbankments... or maybe just hand to hoove combat..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts