Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the wife a new (leftover) Defiant Pro Turbo and she loves it. This was the first Hoyt I've bought and made me start thinking about switching to a Hoyt. I have two Bowtwech's, the Insanity and the Carbon Overdrive. Should I hold out and see what Hoyt is bringing to the table next year or should I look at what's available now? I've been looking at the RX 1 Turbo. What's your opinion?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Go shoot an RX1 turbo. If you like it, buy it.

Or don't. This is 100% your own call. Nobody knows what 2019 bows will bring. All depends on how bad your itch for a new bow is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
If you want to hunt with one this year I'd go ahead and order one. While it's true no one knows what Hoyt has in store for us come Oct, based on the history of their Carbon release my guess would be not much. They typically don't do anything major the following year after a new model makes it's debut and this year we had 2 new. Especially with how well it's been receive, I'd not be shocked to just see tweaks to the Ultra, hopefully fixing the shock many(including myself) complain about.

If you decide to wait until the new bows are available in the fall you'll likely be looking at a 8-12 week wait unless you luck up and are happy with one of the few allocated to your shop. Right now is a great time because they are caught up and people are getting their bows in 2-3 weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
That's one of the best quality RTX examples I've seen. At least for me I like them predominantly dark and my RTX is on the lighter side where it didn't catch a lot of leaves. That said $900 is a tad steep but I guess that depends on your region. 3 shops within an hour of me have left over CD34s and CDTs from $750 and $850 with one shop having a Buckskin 65# 34" for $699 and a Pro Defiant for $499. I've been thinking about grabbing the Buckskin one and slapping my old Hoyt quiver and Stab on it to flip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,147 Posts
If you want to hunt with one this year I'd go ahead and order one. While it's true no one knows what Hoyt has in store for us come Oct, based on the history of their Carbon release my guess would be not much. They typically don't do anything major the following year after a new model makes it's debut and this year we had 2 new. Especially with how well it's been receive, I'd not be shocked to just see tweaks to the Ultra, hopefully fixing the shock many(including myself) complain about.

If you decide to wait until the new bows are available in the fall you'll likely be looking at a 8-12 week wait unless you luck up and are happy with one of the few allocated to your shop. Right now is a great time because they are caught up and people are getting their bows in 2-3 weeks.
I would bet my lunch money the carbon riser is totally different next year
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top