Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I'm currently shooting Gold Tip Kenetics. Here is my set up...

300 spine
Eason HIT 50 grain brass inserts
100 grain heads
Wrapped with 3 blazers
Easton nocks

Total grain weight is about 490 and I think its coming out of the bow at about 288fps with just under a 12% FOC.

Let me be clear, I like heavy arrows and hitting things hard. That being said, does anybody see anything that I could change to be more efficent? I wouldnt mind going a little lighter in the shaft area as long as the arrow was stiff enough to handle the weight up front. What do you guys think? Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Its in my sig.

Heard FMJ's dent or will bend?[/QUOTE
I played around with the same thing.I bought some Easton flatline's for both 3d and hunting and what works well for me is cutting them just inside the shelf.3d they are about 390grains with 100 grain tip. but for hunting I throw in 150grain for a little more foc.but they will drop about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. My set up is MR7 30/70 that's at 35 yds.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are injextions pretty tough? If I have found a weak spot in my arrow set up, its the front end. I seem to blow the arrow up at the front if I hit anything too hard. But it really hasnt been a big issue

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Are injextions pretty tough? If I have found a weak spot in my arrow set up, its the front end. I seem to blow the arrow up at the front if I hit anything too hard. But it really hasnt been a big issue
I haven't had the chance to try them. I got lucky in finding those flatline's 340 spine cut 3 inches.but they are not tough either.after shooting threw my target and hitting plywood behind it,it did explode as well. But I'm really excited for 3d this summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts