Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about buying a new Carbon Matrix plus. Should I wait to see what Hoyt is coming out with later this year, or is the Matrix really that good that I should get one now. Do you think they will change it drastically for 2012? I plan on doing a Z3 conversion to optimize it.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
It's pretty much a crap shoot, Hoyt is usually very tight lipped about new products, If I found something I liked I would get it now. The Z3 conversion does look like it's getting improved performance. Enough to offset the cost? Not sure on that one..

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
Ya you could wait and see but then again you could wait and see what changes in 2013 or 14 because they may change or come out with something better---oh wait that happens every year LOL. I see this all the time and usually the ones that wait will rarely buy because they can't make up their mind LOL.
I see all the time on here people doing the Z3 conversion. Guess it's their money but to spend that kind of money on a bow then franken it never made any sense to me-----IMHO it is a total waste of money. Why buy a bow just to -----IMHO---junk it up. I happen to find the fuel cams very nice cams in fact that is the VERY reason I bought an Element---because of the cams. First cam half cam they have had that I actually liked.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
wait a couple of months and pick up a 2011 with a big price drop. once the new ones are out nobody wants the last year model. its the best way to buy a bow.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'd definetly wait. Even if you don't buy new, after the new ones come out there are gonna be a ton of bows in the classified.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking a new 2011 model because the dealers would be selling them cheaper. Since I want a 60lb 28"dl I figured I would have a better chance finding a 70lb 29"dl with the #3 cam leftover, and then the conversion would bring me back to what I want. The cost for cams, string, and cable would be worth it then.

·
Lovin Bow Season!
939 Posts
Just wait and see what they have come out, then you can make your choice

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
As the others have mentioned, this close to the new releases.... I'd wait! I can't wait to see the new 2012 Hoyt line myself !!!

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
Ya you could wait and see but then again you could wait and see what changes in 2013 or 14 because they may change or come out with something better---oh wait that happens every year LOL. I see this all the time and usually the ones that wait will rarely buy because they can't make up their mind LOL.
I see all the time on here people doing the Z3 conversion. Guess it's their money but to spend that kind of money on a bow then franken it never made any sense to me-----IMHO it is a total waste of money. Why buy a bow just to -----IMHO---junk it up. I happen to find the fuel cams very nice cams in fact that is the VERY reason I bought an Element---because of the cams. First cam half cam they have had that I actually liked.
I actually agree with Dale on this one ... I have got used to the Fuel Cams wish they had a bit more valley but somebody suggested smaller draw stops to cure that but maybe them keeping me honest is why the thing shoots so good ... but yea Frankin out a 1200.00 bow within a few months doesn't make sense to me either ..plus when you need new strings it wont be that simple ... Not to say I didn't like my z3's on my Kateras but thats not what Hoyt designed my Element for

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I'm sure I will get slammed for saying this, but the new carbon Hoyts just plain are not worth the money they are selling for. Especially when most look to "optimize" it by spending more money on conversions. Shouldn't a msrp $1200 bare bow be perfect to begin with???

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I'm sure I will get slammed for saying this, but the new carbon Hoyts just plain are not worth the money they are selling for. Especially when most look to "optimize" it by spending more money on conversions. Shouldn't a msrp $1200 bare bow be perfect to begin with???
NO slam'n here, I totally agree!!!!

·
Banned
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
People change things on their vehicles to get more performance, I am just trying to do the same. I would hope that I could save money on this years model to do the change. The carbon burner though sounds like an awesome bow. The Z3 cam has a great feel to it. I owned a Katera XL a few years ago. I have found the Mathews just not performing in the speed range I want to be.

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
People change things on their vehicles to get more performance, I am just trying to do the same. I would hope that I could save money on this years model to do the change. The carbon burner though sounds like an awesome bow. The Z3 cam has a great feel to it. I owned a Katera XL a few years ago. I have found the Mathews just not performing in the speed range I want to be.
It may have felt good to you on the Katera but the Element is not a Katera in any way shape of form. There is way more to it than how it felt on one bow design verse a different design. Not comparing apples to apples. It always amazes me also how many people put speed above everything else when choosing a bow. IMHO it should be the very least thing to be concerned about. Comfort, shootablility are far more important than speed.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
id wait the new ones will be out shortly

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
i agree but a little extra speed doesnt hurt
It may have felt good to you on the Katera but the Element is not a Katera in any way shape of form. There is way more to it than how it felt on one bow design verse a different design. Not comparing apples to apples. It always amazes me also how many people put speed above everything else when choosing a bow. IMHO it should be the very least thing to be concerned about. Comfort, shootablility are far more important than speed.

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
i agree but a little extra speed doesnt hurt
LOL I agree------in fact my Element is shooting the fastest I've ever shot a bow and the draw is a 1/2" shorter than I have ever shot. Bonus in my book. But speed had nothing to do with why I bought it.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
i agree...i try and look for the best of both worlds otherwise id just shoot an omen

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd hold. As others have said the new bows will be announced soon and deals will only get better. A psychological factor...seeing 2009 at this point seems less valuable than a 2010 even if it's the exact same model bow...matrix originals are gonna drop a bit more too making them very attainable for more shooters...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts