Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we have all shot deer we thought we made great shots on only to find out we did not hit where we thought we did. I know when i shoot a lighted nock i can see the arrow impact alot better and know exactly where i hit. Todays bows are so fast it hard to see the arrow fly and hit the deer especialy in low light. I think more deer would be recoverd if a law like this was passed. IE people would be able to know if it was a bad shot n to back out. I also know it would make the cost of the nocks sky rocket but lets stick to the subject lol whats everyones thoughts

·
Banned
2,988 Posts
I use them because I Like to find my arrow after a shot into some CRP.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
not a fan of them

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
You FREAKIN joking right?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i see you guys dont like laws n rules. But im more interested in if you think it would help in knowing where ur hit has and help make a desition on tracking

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I dont use them but I'm sure they would help, mostly in low light conditions.

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
Ok i see you guys dont like laws n rules. But im more interested in if you think it would help in knowing where ur hit has and help make a desition on tracking
I do fine without them and so do most other hunters! They are neat but not needed at all.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I really don't ever recall not knowing if I hit or missed a deer. Bore a hole through the spot that you intend to punch and hold your follow through and you should know what your arrow does. I honestly don't like adding the weight to the rear of my arrow because I run a little light on FOC to begin with.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Stop it.

·
Registered deer murderer
632 Posts
I vote for no new laws please. Especially frivolous ones.

In my state, it's actually ILLEGAL to use illuminated nocks. I have no idea why though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tell you what... if I didn't have lighted nocks, I don't think I would have known exactly where my arrow hit last weekend. I liked knowing that I hit my deer a hair back, and knew I wanted to give her a little bit more time than if I heart shot her. With the speed of todays bows, any shot under 30yards is just a blur to try and see in low light. BUT I DON'T AGREE THEY SHOULD BE MANDITORY... I just agree with the use of them!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sorry but a lighted nock wont make a bad shot any better. Most States just want the Deer and Game gone. They can care less if you find your Deer or the Foxes or Yotes do.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Law? No. But I think it should be mandatory to use a lighted nock with video if you are going to claim the perfect shot and cannot recover your deer,

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
No more nanny state BS. If you like them, use em, but don't force others to do so under penalty of law.

·
Registered
276 Posts
ahhh.. this calls for a triple face palm.
i get tired of the 'there should be a law about that' mentality. Leave me alone.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,327 Posts
NO

Besides, until someone can make one that's as good as a Beiter nock I won't touch one.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts