Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHould my site be perfectly inline with my arrow? It is a little to the left of the arrow and hitting X at 20-50 yards. I am having other tuning issues I will start in another thread since it is about broadheads:(

Thanks

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
no it shouldn't... any bow with a cable guard will torque the bow while at full draw.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Jdavenport716 said:
SHould my site be perfectly inline with my arrow? It is a little to the left of the arrow and hitting X at 20-50 yards. I am having other tuning issues I will start in another thread since it is about broadheads:(

Thanks
i think they almost always end up a little to the left, for a right handed shooter. i know in my bows the pin is a bit to the left of the arrow, if seen from the shooters position.

good luck!!

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
Buy a Martin Nitrous-X bow and the pins will line up with the string!:wink:

·
Registered
18,887 Posts
hitting X at 20-50 yards.
Don't touch a thing! :) It's normal, mine does same thing.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
copterdoc said:
If your bow has cams and a cable guard, the statement above should NOT be the case. My bow has no cams or cable guard, and the sight pin is still right on the left edge of the string. The bow is completely torqueless other than what my hand applies to the grip.

·
10,241 Posts
If your bow has cams and a cable guard, the statement above should NOT be the case.
The Nitrous-X cam system does not use a cable guard. It is a true center shot, zero torque, zero cam lean, kick-azz cam system.:RockOn:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
you Martin shooters are just so full of yourselves:pukey: :tongue: :wink: :) those cam systems sound really cool...I may have to try them someday...my sight pin on my apex is way out to the left...

·
10,241 Posts
you Martin shooters are just so full of yourselves
Well, we should be:wink:

Actually I just got my first Martin yesterday! It is a sweet cam system.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'll stick with my Monster Bows Phoenix. It's a kick-azz NO-cam system. :wink:

All joking aside, I am glad to see more companies moving away from cables guards. I think its a move in the right direction for sure.

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
copterdoc said:
That's how I set mine. Center shot the arrow, center shot the pins. If they don't match up I'm torquing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
setup

Jdavenport716 said:

Thanks

it is just a starting point ...you set it up nice and sharp pin ,arrow, and rest.
but then you add your self tu the equation???? you have to move thing and finish with your pin off .. the key is good clearance , nice flight, no marks on the rest and vens. and if your hitting the X at short and mid distance i will say it looks good . move on with your setup.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Its not the cable guard

Its normal but not necessarily right. Its caused by torgue from your hand. If you have a perfect grip, you shoulf be able to line up the pins with the arrow. If you were a lefty than you should have the opposite thing happening. Im sure lots will disagree with this but some people hate to admit they might not have perfect form....flame away.:D

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
jmcginnis said:
Its normal but not necessarily right. Its caused by torgue from your hand. If you have a perfect grip, you shoulf be able to line up the pins with the arrow. If you were a lefty than you should have the opposite thing happening. Im sure lots will disagree with this but some people hate to admit they might not have perfect form....flame away.:D
not gonna flame ya... but you are wrong... :fencing: some degree torque is induced by the cable guard, although you right on one thing... hand torque can worsen this effect

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Spreggy said:
Don't touch a thing! :) It's normal, mine does same thing.

Spreggy, are you trying to imply that you're normal:mg: :jaw: :ROFLMAO: :chortle: :chortle: Sorry, I couldn't help myself:D

·
Registered
18,887 Posts
LOL, starting early aren't you?
Hey ain't it great that they built that bridge over the Ohio River? Now the Kentuckians can swim in the shade. :chortle:

·
Registered
450 Posts
LOL...now that I have thougt about it some more...it is impossible to have a cable guard and not get some torgue from it so I will agree there. I just wonder is varying setups make it more or less noticeable?

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
jmcginnis said:
LOL...now that I have thougt about it some more...it is impossible to have a cable guard and not get some torgue from it so I will agree there. I just wonder is varying setups make it more or less noticeable?
Try a Nitrous-X shoot through and prove it to yourself.
I haven't done it but you could even switch from shoot through to cable guard and make no other changes, you would see how much the cable guard torque really does affect things.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Spreggy said:
LOL, starting early aren't you?
Hey ain't it great that they built that bridge over the Ohio River? Now the Kentuckians can swim in the shade. :chortle:

Yeah, almost as bad as the Hoosiers--- put up a big clock but you have to drive across the river to see what time it is:mg: :teeth: :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts