Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with field season winding down just wanted to give jarlicker some much needed apprication for putting on some nice events at DCWC this year!!! Other than Duram being located 2 blocks from Hell Cause its always HOT!!!! He always had the course in great shape ready for the few that were willing to make the trek near or far knowing there would probably be only a handfull show up!!!! So Joe thanks for the hard work and the guys that helped ya to cant wait to hit the course again in the spring!!!

· Registered
8,686 Posts
Well with field season winding down just wanted to give jarlicker some much needed apprication for putting on some nice events at DCWC this year!!! Other than Duram being located 2 blocks from Hell Cause its always HOT!!!! He always had the course in great shape ready for the few that were willing to make the trek near or far knowing there would probably be only a handfull show up!!!! So Joe thanks for the hard work and the guys that helped ya to cant wait to hit the course again in the spring!!!
Yea its a 5 star coarse, for sure. Next year prehaps I can make it down that way again, hopefully with a full truck. thanks Joe.

Warning this coarse is not for the faint of heart, it's not know as Jarlickers revenge for nothing.

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
I would also like to express my appreciation to Jarlicker and his crew for such a great course. AND the numerous opportunities I've had to shoot it during my "first" season of Field.

In addition, thanks to the following as well:

OBT (with help from The Hood) for a great day shooting at the Hilton.

Treaton for a very "enlightening" day at the Moo-Tel

Psarge for his basically "one man efforts" at making S+W a very "deceiving" yet enjoyable range. Got to shoot there 3 times this year.

And of course WV Hasbeen and his crew for a great 3 day weekend on the "Hill". Still the home of my personal best.

And to each and everyone that I've had the opportunity to meet, socialize, and shoot with during my first season - thanks for welcoming a newbie.

If I can continue to "collect" target material during the fall and winter, there will be a new 14 target range available next spring. My land is as flat as Olive Oil's chest; however, I have a few things in mind for the "HiTech ******* Field Range". :wink: You're all welcomed to come and play.

· Registered
4,738 Posts
What they said...!!! Thankfully S+W is becoming less of a one man show (thanks scarson) I'm starting to get some help now and that can only be a good thing...

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Yea its a 5 star coarse, for sure. Next year prehaps I can make it down that way again, hopefully with a full truck. thanks Joe.

Warning this coarse is not for the faint of heart, it's not know as Jarlickers revenge for nothing.
What you planning to fill that truck with - beer, wine, women? With the "ego" you left DCWC last Sat. with, there won't be room for anything else. :wink:

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
All of the above!! get that Green lizard shooting and show me!:):):)
Dang, didn't know I was going to have to get a new window sticker "I Shoot a Lizard". :wink:

Trust me, if I can shoot the lizard to the extent it is worthy of, I'm keeping it a "secret" :secret: Then I'll spring it on you like you did to all of us this past weekend. :tongue:

· Registered
8,686 Posts
Dang, didn't know I was going to have to get a new window sticker "I Shoot a Lizard". :wink:

Trust me, if I can shoot the lizard to the extent it is worthy of, I'm keeping it a "secret" :secret: Then I'll spring it on you like you did to all of us this past weekend. :tongue:
:):):)that's what OBT told me to do! He is a great coach, especially the mental game! :):):)

that's the fun of being a B shooter your in the swing seat, anyone is fair game C and A and even AA if your froggy enough.but once the cat is out of the bag your outta business..

· Registered
273 Posts
Gotta throw my penny and a half in on this too. DCWC is a very nice course. After you get past the initial shock at some of the stilt targets on your first time around the course, it turns into a good challenge and a good time shooting. It's been a pleasure shooting over there and meeting all the folks who make the trek to fling a few. Always a good time and look forward to being able to make many more shoots there.

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Gotta throw my penny and a half in on this too. DCWC is a very nice course. After you get past the initial shock at some of the stilt targets on your first time around the course, it turns into a good challenge and a good time shooting. It's been a pleasure shooting over there and meeting all the folks who make the trek to fling a few. Always a good time and look forward to being able to make many more shoots there.
Glad to see you got your avatar working - did Sarge help you with that? :tongue:

· Registered
4,587 Posts
I also want to say that I have not seen a venue like the DCWC. It is a one of a kind and an absolutely gorgeous place to shoot. I've only been twice (season ain't over yet) and I plan on being a more frequent visitor next year. Jarlicker has an absolute gem there and I would like to commend him on his efforts. If you haven't been, you don't know what your missing.

· Registered
4,587 Posts
Now you're really going to confuse Sarge - a gif editor - he probably thinks we're talking about peanut butter. :wink:
I like peanut butter too. Who's giving out peanut butter?? I want some!!!!

· Registered
4,587 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.