Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grrrr....3-d season is basically over for all of us and I'm already getting the itch back. why must there be that time called winter...lol. My friends and I have been throwing around ideas on how we can personalize our target bows by adding things other than color coordinated parts. I have not got mine finished yet but i will post a pic of it. I know us archers are a creative bunch so let's see it people. Hell I bet bowhoe's setup looks like something out of carnegie museum...lol. p.s. don't be shy cause ima gonna have alot of useless doodads on mine that have no use but damn will they look cool...haha...im so lame.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Well, I'll give you a hint, and you can imagine the rest. Castrator bands. LMAO!!!! I've got 'em on my sight around parts that would rattle and vibrate otherwise, on the dovetail bolt, on my long axles on FuryX system, and on my ancient Superstix stabilizer to tighten it up a bit and dampen vibration.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh gawd grant...lol. you have just showed the entire world how much inbreeding goes on in southern kansas....j/k. aight bro i will let the cat out of the bag on mine. 2004 hoyt ultratec/flame/3k limbs/spirals. i just got a flame supression mount from ewc2000 the other day on ebay. i plan on getting red doinker d2 27" in the front with matching red vbars on a shrewd vbar. i went to autozone there is salina and found some really neat looking flame stickers im going to put on the stabs. i run loesch grips on all my hoyts in a medium grip and i plan on calling james soon to do a new yellow/red dymonwood grip. now here is where im going cheesy..hehehe. Anyone ever watch the new version of romeo and juliet w/ leonardo decaprio? i plan on doing a grip mural like is what on mercutio's gun with a crucifix dangling off the bottom. i dont know if this is going to be distracting or not but damn i get really bored sometimes, hehe. now i know right now everyone will be rolling their eyes but i don't care i'm just trying to let my inner child out.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very nice craftsmanship gi. gotta love a good machinists work. now i want to start trying to make components, treestands are getting boring...lol.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Sfa, right click on the avitar and save in your files!!!!
Here's a pic of one of my tree stands.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
His lift cord is connected to the top limb. Either in the fork, or with the Bowtechs, you can tie 'em onto the vibra-block.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
S.S, when you draw the bow the action of the top limb bending allows the pull cord to slack and allow the return spring on the rocker launcher to lift the launcher and the arrow shaft into position to shoot. Upon release the top limb springs forward and up, taking the slack out of the pull cord until it starts to actually pull the launcher down and out of the way of the fletching. With this bow I get about 7 1/2 inches of support duration on the arrow shaft before it starts to move the launcher down. Before the launcher starts to drop though, the launcher is under light spring tension and able to "give" with the natural flex of the shaft at launch and not be ridgid like most other drop away rests. Have someone with a Trophy Taker rest on their bow, pull to full draw without an arrow on the string and then you try with your finger to push the launcher down, as to simulate an arrrow "flexing" or applying downward pressure to the launcher. You'll find that it is as solid as a rock and cannot be pushed down due to being ridgidly tied into the buss cable. I usually set my rests up with only enough spring tension to consistently and fully lift the launcher to hit the stop at full draw, just like most Bodoodle or prong rests. Hope this helps:D

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
LOL!!! No but I did attend the School of Hard Knocks and graduated from Tractor Tire Buster's U!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts