Archery Talk Forum banner

Show me your Drenalin LD

1204 Views 20 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  pronghorn
Hey, im thinking of getting an LD, was wondering what everyones overall opinion was on them.

Do any of you shoot them for spots? if so, how forgiving are they, how solid do they hold, ETC.

I am wanting to get a black and camo one, so i could hunt with it too, whats everyones opinion on them for that application.

Post up some pics of your setups/ shooting, or what you have shot with them.

Any info would be awesome.
Thanks.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6,628 Posts
I have owned quite a few bows and quite a few of them were Mathews, in my 15 years of hunting. That being said, my LD is by far the smoothest drawing bow I have ever shot. The first time I drew it back I thought one of two things....

1.) My dealer accidentally ordered a 60# model
2.) The limbs weren't cranked down all the way

However, it is set at 70.8# and draws like butter from start to finish. It is very forgiving, very quiet and even though 315 fps is "slow" to some people, it is giving me 295 fps with a 406 grain arrow which equates to 78# of KE. Not sure I could ask for much more from a hunting rig. I haven't killed anything with it yet but I am hoping to change that very soon.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
i have a black and cammo LD. i have not figured out how to upload pics but if you pm me your email i can send you some.

i just use mine for 3d but it would be a good spots bow too. definitely a fun bow to shoot.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,736 Posts
My buddy Brad has one and he likes it a lot. Shot many 3D rounds with him over the summer and he shot awesome with it. Just shot a 8 pointer here in Michigan with it on Friday. So as you can tell he likes it a lot.

He is about 6'4" and it fits him great. Tack driver for sure. No issues with it either. The LD is a great bow IMHO.

Attachments

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TTT.

Man those things are awesome looking, And it sounds like thier some great shooters.

Congrats to your buddy on the buck AdvanLou.

Well, it looks like a really tough decision for me, All stealthed out, completly black. Or black an camo. ???????

What do you guys think, lol. I really like both of them like that.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
TTT.

Man those things are awesome looking, And it sounds like thier some great shooters.

Congrats to your buddy on the buck AdvanLou.

Well, it looks like a really tough decision for me, All stealthed out, completly black. Or black an camo. ???????

What do you guys think, lol. I really like both of them like that.

Between those 2 options I would just go for the all black :wink:

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Nice rig DesignedToHunt. I traded my all black one for a Elite Gt-500 and than turned around and traded my XXL for another DLD in camo color. I was getting 275 fps at 30" 60 lbs and 415 grain arrow. I hope to have my camo one Monday or tues!!!

I have owned quite a few bows and quite a few of them were Mathews, in my 15 years of hunting. That being said, my LD is by far the smoothest drawing bow I have ever shot. The first time I drew it back I thought one of two things....

1.) My dealer accidentally ordered a 60# model
2.) The limbs weren't cranked down all the way

However, it is set at 70.8# and draws like butter from start to finish. It is very forgiving, very quiet and even though 315 fps is "slow" to some people, it is giving me 295 fps with a 406 grain arrow which equates to 78# of KE. Not sure I could ask for much more from a hunting rig. I haven't killed anything with it yet but I am hoping to change that very soon.

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Nice rig DesignedToHunt. I traded my all black one for a Elite Gt-500 and than turned around and traded my XXL for another DLD in camo color. I was getting 275 fps at 30" 60 lbs and 415 grain arrow. I hope to have my camo one Monday or tues!!!
Man you and those bows lol. How are you liking the GT500?

Looking forward to pics of the new set up bud :darkbeer:

· Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lets bring this one back, if i can sell my prestige, which i hate to do, cause i love that thing, I am going to get one...

Bump.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.