Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who practice all the time to be able to shoot 80 and 100+ yards with good groups, i think you should be able show off your accomplishment and be proud of yourselves. you don't have to brag about it but its nice to show off your accomplishments. everybody shows off their trophy kills so why not your shooting abilities!? i would really like to see your amazing groups at these ranges. im sure like myself, you all enjoy the challenges and improvements in your form that you gain from practicing at these ranges. there are a lot of great shooters on here that are going to raise the bar for me and give me new goals to shoot for (literally haha). i can't wait! please be honest with your groups and yards. also be respectful, thanks.

please include:
distances (80+ yards)
broadheads or field points (if broadheads, what kind?)
set up (bow, arrows, measurements, etc)
Speed your shooting at
Pictures if you can (always better to see it visually)
also if you are shooting past 100 yards, what is you pin set up

i hope we can all learn new things to tighten up our groups aswell to make us all better bowhunters. shots like these make ones from 50 yard on a deer, cake!

fire away everybody, im really excited about this! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ill start, i shot a group of four arrows today @ 80 yards in a 5-6 inch circle. i would say that this is a little better than average for me, but not my best.
then i shot at 100 yards and shot an 8 inch group. also a little better than average. ill post some pictures in a sec. im hoping to move out to 120 soon but i don't have the pins. this is another reason why im interested in your pin set up.

i would also like to add that videos are really nice to see if anyone is up to it! helps to learn even more and if you are worried about believing you this makes it pretty credible.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,266 Posts
Exactly 100 yards. Hoyt CM+/Hogg-It .19 6 pin (no scope)/3-49 acc/just the right amount of Jim Beam.......

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I'm practicing for an elk hunt in AZ. I've been shooting about 7" groups at 70 yards, which is good considering that I use a fixed single pin sight !! Hopefully I'll get a much, much closer shot than that . The last time I was drawn, my kill shot was at a lazered 50 yards

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Dang I couldn't hit a paper plate at 100. That is awesome. I'll blame it on the fact that my slider only goes to 60 or so.

·
Registered
344 Posts

80yards
Bow in sig and its a 9 pin axcel now with a fuse carbon blade 8" and a scot wildcat release

·
Registered
344 Posts
Exactly 100 yards. Hoyt CM+/Hogg-It .19 6 pin (no scope)/3-49 acc/just the right amount of Jim Beam.......
looks like I'm not the only one with the matrix + geared for long range, nice shooting

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow great shooting guys. bowkil... nice! seems like you guys are both using blazers right?
keep them coming!

I'm practicing for an elk hunt in AZ. I've been shooting about 7" groups at 70 yards, which is good considering that I use a fixed single pin sight !! Hopefully I'll get a much, much closer shot than that . The last time I was drawn, my kill shot was at a lazered 50 yards
is it a slider sight?

Joeorrr213- are you shooting at PSE's range here in tucson. looks familiar...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here are the two groups i shot yesterday @ 80

ill take some pics @ 100 tomorrow, we'll see... :/

·
Registered
344 Posts
Oh if you want the ultimate in long range sights get a sur-loc lethal wepon max i have one that was on my old ultra tec and it was good for 140 with broadhead clearance. But it got retired due to having to move it to shoot anything past 70 and cost me a real nice bull at 76 yards so now it is fixed 9 pins for me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No its gallup bowman in gallup nm, and blazer vanes seam to work better at extended range
oh ok. ya everyone seems to really like them. they will def be my next vanes if i decide to change. are you shooting the helical and offset?

This is a 60 yard group shot months ago. I do not have any pictures of my 80 yard groups as I dont usually have a camra with me.
wow are u serious? im worried to see what your 80 group looks like, dang! i never carry a camera with me either i just use my phone haha

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
oh ok. ya everyone seems to really like them. they will def be my next vanes if i decide to change. are you shooting the helical and offset?

wow are u serious? im worried to see what your 80 group looks like, dang! i never carry a camera with me either i just use my phone haha
I have my good days and bad. Archery is one of those sports where you cant shine all time lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Those that I shot the group with are just a offset, but when I fletch up for broadheads I use the ez-fletch mini with a helical stabilizes a broadhead verry well

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those that I shot the group with are just a offset, but when I fletch up for broadheads I use the ez-fletch mini with a helical stabilizes a broadhead verry well
ya i used helical with as much offset as i can get with my axis 340's

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,266 Posts
The arrows are ACC 3-49 cut at 27.75", Uni-bushing and G-nock, 2" Blazer vanes with right heilical (Jo-Jan), Easton 100 gr. Parabolic screw-in tips, total weight of 394 gr.

Carter RX-1, or Tru Ball Sweet Spot II release

CM+ maxed out at 61.45#, 60X BCY 452X strings, 10" Bernie Pellerite Control Freak stab w/6 oz weight, QAD Ultra rest, Hogg-It sight.
Load the arrows with 100 gr Spitfires and go hunting. Screw in the Easton parabolic tips and shoot spots, 3D, target. Nothing else changes.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That 60 yard group was with a sims S coil stab and a hha slider sight with a .019 pin. Carbon tech panthers with regular ole bohning signature nocks and 100 grain tips. The arrows have a very consistent spine so I give the arrows the credit for how well I shoot.

·
Game Destroyer
2,659 Posts
Porterhouse your 60 yard groups are better than my 30 yard groups...and I shoot at 40-50 yards almost daily. Holy crap.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Porterhouse your 60 yard groups are better than my 30 yard groups...and I shoot at 40-50 yards almost daily. Holy crap.
I didn't start shooting that well till I bought a whalens hooker. Just hold on target and pull through the shot. Arrow goes where I'm looking if I do my part. As I said though, I have bad days also. Flinched last week during my shot and wrecked my arrow by hitting the hard rubber on the bottom of the bales at the range. I really hate wrecking arrows >:eek:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts