Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to vent. I see too many hunting photos where the animial is all bloody, tounge hanging out, arrow sticking out of it...etc.. Now I'm not a professional photographer or anything, but come on guys! The least someone can do is put it's tounge back in it's mouth.. If you can ,maybe clean up some of the blood, or cover that part with your bow, gun, pack or something....Right? I understand that alot of times field photos are not possible, and the photos are of post field dressed deer; this I understand. But if you are in the field try taking a photo pre-field dressing. All I am saying is show some respect for the animial...after all you just took it's life......And I guareentee you you will be more happy with your photos in the end...Feel free to post your opinion fellow AT'ers... It makes us archers look like barbarians when our pics are of blood soaked deer, arrow sticking out of it, and it's tounge hanging out.....just my 10 cents worth!!:thumbs_up Imagine if your father was murdered with a knife...would you want to go to the funeral and look at him with it sticking out of his chest???

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Have to vent. I see too many hunting photos where the animial is all bloody, tounge hanging out, arrow sticking out of it...etc.. Now I'm not a professional photographer or anything, but come on guys! The least someone can do is put it's tounge back in it's mouth.. If you can ,maybe clean up some of the blood, or cover that part with your bow, gun, pack or something....Right? I understand that alot of times field photos are not possible, and the photos are of post field dressed deer; this I understand. But if you are in the field try taking a photo pre-field dressing. All I am saying is show some respect for the animial...after all you just took it's life......And I guareentee you you will be more happy with your photos in the end...Feel free to post your opinion fellow AT'ers... It makes us archers look like barbarians when our pics are of blood soaked deer, arrow sticking out of it, and it's tounge hanging out.....just my 10 cents worth!!:thumbs_up Imagine if your father was murdered with a knife...would you want to go to the funeral and look at him with it sticking out of his chest???

While I agree that cleaned up field photo`s are nicer...........comparing the killing of a deer to a loved one at a funeral home is just a little bit twisted.:eek:

You realize that a deer is a dumb animal, right? Not even close to a human....

·
Registered
23,619 Posts
Imagine if your father was murdered with a knife...would you want to go to the funeral and look at him with it sticking out of his chest???

You're a sick pup....:angry:

·
Enjoying Archery
1,182 Posts
They are dead animals that we killed. They didn't die in their sleep. If people want to have their trophy memory with a picture in the back of the truck or hanging in the garage then so be it. It is their choice.

We need to stop hating each other for every damn thing. We have become our own worst enemies.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
its not a person so therefore it can't be considered murder and blood is part of hunting, if you're ashamed of that then maybe hunting isn't entirely for you. blood on an animal is in no way a indication of disrespect but thank you for your opinion.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
uh.... why would i try to make a KILL look like its not a KILL? blood is all part of a kill. if people dont like it, hey dont look at it. im not going to try and make more blood visable for a pic but im not gonna spend extra time trying to make it look nice for others. i personaly like hanging deer pics btw:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed.. I might have gone a liitle far..but I'm not comparing a dead father to a dead deer..I said that to make a point of have respect for the dead...Yes a deer might not be as smart as humans, but that doesn't make us better than them...right. If it was o.k to slay stupid creatures without showing respect, than that just proves us as barbarians???

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Thats a tough one. If your a hunter on this sight then it really shoudn't bother you either way. On the other hand it does make for a nicer photo to show your non-hunter friends and family,not to mention its just ammo for the anti's to use,which are probably viewing this sight. It's up to you!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its not a person so therefore it can't be considered murder and blood is part of hunting, if you're ashamed of that then maybe hunting isn't entirely for you. blood on an animal is in no way a indication of disrespect but thank you for your opinion.
I don't remember calling anyone a murderer????

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Agreed.. I might have gone a liitle far..but I'm not comparing a dead father to a dead deer..I said that to make a point of have respect for the dead...Yes a deer might not be as smart as humans, but that doesn't make us better than them...right. If it was o.k to slay stupid creatures without showing respect, than that just proves us as barbarians???
Do you consider your wife or children to be on the same level as a deer?

Would that put a bighorn sheep or an elk above your family?:noidea:

I love whitetails. I love most all animals.

I sure as heck NEVER equate them to humans........:thumbs_do

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats a tough one. If your a hunter on this sight then it really shoudn't bother you either way. On the other hand it does make for a nicer photo to show your non-hunter friends and family,not to mention its just ammo for the anti's to use,which are probably viewing this sight. It's up to you!
Thankyou...you said what I was trying to say..I just went a little farther...

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I don't remember calling anyone a murderer????
you compared it to the murder of a human being, I din't say you called anyone a murderer just pointed out the fact that you can't compare it to that since it isn't a human being

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not saying you need to give the deer a shampoo and put a bow in it's hair.!!Please don't take it out of context..I love to hunt, and yes death and blood are apart of it..I'm NOT a ANTI-HUNTING TREE HUGGER! That has pet deer...get real guys..

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think the photos look beter with the deer cleaned up, but as for showing respect of the animal? I think thats a little dumb, you wory'd about hurting his feelings? I find a deer, but an arrow through it, severing its lungs and heart with a blade. I track its blood trail, find it, remove its gut, then clean it and eat it. What isint barberic about that. I am a HUNTER, I am a COMQUEROR, I am BARBERIC, and I am a MAN:jam: NOT some peda loving, skirt wearing girl who cares how if i just hurt this peace of meats feelings. I am completle ethical hunter, but after the deer is down, its no longer living, its a peice of meat, and I never asked my steak how his day went.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Spot on, lets not get too touchy feely ;)

1 - 20 of 294 Posts