Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s indoor season again. What scope are you running? Lens power? A pin? A dot? A ring? Add a little blurb about why it works for you! Let’s get a discussion going. Post pics!

I’m shooting an Axcel AV-31 with a 6x lens and a red pin. I’ll probably go back to a dot though for indoor. Maybe I’ll experiment with a ring. I’ve been out of the game for ten years and I’m still getting my sea legs back so any advice is welcome!
Automotive tire Camera accessory Bicycle part Camera lens Bicycle handlebar

·
Back Yard Champion
35,393 Posts
I have 2 Sure Loc Challengers set up and 1 Sure Loc Supreme (pictured). I have another Sure Loc Supreme (black) that has never been assembled - some parts still in sealed plastic bags.
I have two extra 3rd axis blocks - change scopes in heart beat and be dead on.

I've had several other sights frames in the last few years and none of them had more to give than the Sure Locs.

I use the no longer available Millenium Grande scope housing with sun shade with 4X lens and .019" pin, red or green works for me. One large and one small housing.

I also have the no longer available Ultimate Eagle scope housing (half bill sun shade) with 4X lens and .019" pin, red or green works for me. A bit maller than the large Millenium.

Sometimes use .029" pins. Have both Brian's Custom lenses and Feather Vision lenses.

Rare, but have used circles with pins and cirlces with different size dots. Archery Specialty circles/dots.

I also use the Ruff Sight light on all my target bows - 3 set up and at the ready.

I have the Archery Specialty Ultra Lite Peep with all orifices. I don't need a clarifier for 4X or 5X lens.

Engineering Font Electric blue Space Rectangle

Those I've had and have. All worked for any game I wanted to play.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Font Auto part

Sometimes use the small housing with 5X lens. Big housing, just playing around - works on the 5 spot.
Gas Auto part Electric blue Science Gun accessory

Hood Musical instrument Bumper Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior

Older Ultimate Eagle - they ain't broke, don't replace them.
Finger Thumb Engineering Auto part Circle

·
Registered
34,434 Posts
I’m running an Axcel AVX 31 with a .50 (4X) center drilled X-Focus AD. It’s setup for outdoors right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: awal767

·
Registered
34,434 Posts

The scope is beyond impressive… the lens is amazing and the Etac light makes it perfect

·
Registered
34,434 Posts

This combo is great outdoors and on a 5 spot. 3 spot I’ll run the next size up sticker and flare the fiber

·
Registered
367 Posts
I’m running a shrewd optum 35mm with the front one ring sunshade and the long sunshade on the back, i’m running a feather vision lens 4x may try a 6x soon currently with a black dot that covers the x on a 5 spot may go back to my pin with a etac light

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 2 Sure Loc Challengers set up and 1 Sure Loc Supreme (pictured). I have another Sure Loc Supreme (black) that has never been assembled - some parts still in sealed plastic bags.
I have two extra 3rd axis blocks - change scopes in heart beat and be dead on.

I've had several other sights frames in the last few years and none of them had more to give than the Sure Locs.

I use the no longer available Millenium Grande scope housing with sun shade with 4X lens and .019" pin, red or green works for me. One large and one small housing.

I also have the no longer available Ultimate Eagle scope housing (half bill sun shade) with 4X lens and .019" pin, red or green works for me. A bit maller than the large Millenium.

Sometimes use .029" pins. Have both Brian's Custom lenses and Feather Vision lenses.

Rare, but have used circles with pins and cirlces with different size dots. Archery Specialty circles/dots.

I also use the Ruff Sight light on all my target bows - 3 set up and at the ready.

I have the Archery Specialty Ultra Lite Peep with all orifices. I don't need a clarifier for 4X or 5X lens.

View attachment 7704916

Those I've had and have. All worked for any game I wanted to play.
View attachment 7704920

Sometimes use the small housing with 5X lens. Big housing, just playing around - works on the 5 spot.
View attachment 7704921

View attachment 7704925

Older Ultimate Eagle - they ain't broke, don't replace them.
View attachment 7704932
Good lookin’ stuff. It seems like a ring works for you indoors. I never gave a ring a serious change. Tried it out once for a few rounds and gave up on it. Maybe too soon. Why is it that ya think it works for you?

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
This is mine, an Infitec sight ring with the center fiber optic holder dremeled out. I've tried scopes of various types and powers for years, but I've always shot better with just this thing with nothing in the hole. Technically borderline illegal for BHFS, but still my preference even shooting in freestyle.

It was $10 or something like that, from Lancaster a number of years ago. They may have gone up by now, though.

lee.

Glasses Hand Eyewear Gesture Finger

·
Back Yard Champion
35,393 Posts
Good lookin’ stuff. It seems like a ring works for you indoors. I never gave a ring a serious change. Tried it out once for a few rounds and gave up on it. Maybe too soon. Why is it that ya think it works for you?
I can see daylight all the way around the ring, easy to center, better than trying to match the housing to the peep.

The black dot and ring, used it at the 2004 and 2005 IAA Two Indoor Championship. Took 3rd place both years in Senior Adult Free Style. The dot would just cover up the 5. 5 covered the arrow went in.

Ring with green fiber optic. Took Champion in the IAA Two Day Field Championship in 2004 and 2nd place in 2005. Used a.029" pin back then. Shot quite a few 299s and 300s on the 5 spots in Indoor League. Placed and won a bunch in 3D, but used a .019" pin. Use the same today for everything......

·
Back Yard Champion
35,393 Posts
deleted double post

1 - 13 of 13 Posts