Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a 35mm shrewd nomad for my son's V37. It came with the .010 razor pin. I'm looking to get an LP light kit to add to it. How is everyone setting them up. Use the razor pin with the short fiber and run the light in the side of the housing, or get the integrated pin with the fiber that wraps around the housing and run the light to the end of the fiber? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I have both pins, but I like the integrated because I can keep it tucked in neatly in the housing and minimize star-bursting.

Personally, I'm not a fan of overly bright pins - I want just enough to know its there in my secondary vision.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Before you drop the coin on an LP or ZBros, check out AT’s own Bill Ruff. His Ruff Light is only $47 and works great plus he’s a solid dude. It won’t have the all the bells and whistles of some of the higher end lights but I just wanted my pin to illuminate and have the ability to dim. I’m happy especially at the price point.

And for me, my scope (CBE) would only let me connect the bare fiber directly into the light housing and I mounted the housing on the bottom of the scope. Works great and the pin doesn’t starburst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I checked out the Ruff light website and will definitely be ordering one. Also, I'm thinking I will order the integrated pin for the nomad so I can run the fiber directly into the light. This is his 1st true target scope so I'm still learning the advantages/disadvantages of different pin/light setups.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,726 Posts
For what they are, for what I want, Bill's sight light works for me. Only got 4 of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts